Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Found a bottle of vodka in a dumpster on a ride, you? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254448)

Rcrxjlb 07-03-22 09:01 PM

Hey man, don't listen to these snobs. I furnished my 1st rent house with stuff I found lying on the sidewalk...

tomato coupe 07-03-22 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rcrxjlb (Post 22562932)
Hey man, don't listen to these snobs. I furnished my 1st rent house with stuff I found lying on the sidewalk...

Same here. I furnished my first cardboard box with dumpster diving.

rosefarts 07-03-22 10:18 PM

I had a cheap bottle of whiskey that I couldn’t bear to even open. Also a can of bacon soda I got as a gag. Left both on the curb during a move, they were gone immediately.

Still laugh about the back alley that must have happened.

koala logs 07-04-22 12:48 AM

I found a beng1 in a dumpster. I sprinted away and vowed never do dumpster diving again.

indyfabz 07-04-22 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rcrxjlb (Post 22562932)

That’s a lot different than ingesting something partially opened that you found in a dumpster, unless you eat things like furniture.

I have several things in my house from the sidewalk, and I have put out things myself. It’s called freecycling.

rsbob 07-04-22 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by downtube42 (Post 22562630)
This place hardly tolerates bicycle counter culture. Home of mamils, racer boys, and get off my lawn folks..

Talk about lack of tolerance…

10 Wheels 07-04-22 10:15 AM

We Drank ours.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...80e7fdedf6.jpg

VegasTriker 07-04-22 02:24 PM

Anyone who was ever a student at the University of Wisconsin, Madison or a Madison resident living near the U can tell you about move-out day at the end of the regular academic year. It is legendary for a great time for students to curbside shop for used furniture and the like. I'd be a little squeamish about eating or drinking anything out of a dumpster especially anything that has been opened previously. I'm not above bringing home partially consumed Gatorade bottles found along the road and adding a little boric acid to make an effective ant killer. I wouldn't drink it with or without the added boric acid picked up off the road.

m.c. 07-04-22 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by VegasTriker (Post 22563570)
Anyone who was ever a student at the University of Wisconsin, Madison or a Madison resident living near the U can tell you about move-out day at the end of the regular academic year. It is legendary for a great time for students to curbside shop for used furniture and the like. I'd be a little squeamish about eating or drinking anything out of a dumpster especially anything that has been opened previously. I'm not above bringing home partially consumed Gatorade bottles found along the road and adding a little boric acid to make an effective ant killer. I wouldn't drink it with or without the added boric acid picked up off the road.

Those probably don't contain gatorade.

livedarklions 07-04-22 04:40 PM

Someone move this to Foo.

rsbob 07-04-22 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Badger6 (Post 22563592)
So how long does this stupid thread go on? This dude is either a troll or seriously brain damaged.

Rescuing a 1/4 bottle of vodka out of the trash bin is not even remotely bike related, despite the OP riding his bike to the bike to find it. Mods, do your jobs. If we want this kind of content, we can tune in to cable TV.

”Keep Calm”?

Badger6 07-04-22 04:57 PM

I’m very calm, bob

SurferRosa 07-04-22 07:36 PM

This dude is either a troll or seriously brain damaged.

The perfect poster to start threads in "General."

beng1 07-05-22 07:51 AM

So how long does this stupid thread go on? This dude is either a troll or seriously brain damaged.
Rescuing a 1/4 bottle of vodka out of the trash bin is not even remotely bike related, despite the OP riding his bike to the bike to find it. Mods, do your jobs. If we want this kind of content, we can tune in to cable TV.

The thread is for showing the things you find while on bicycle rides. Do you understand that ??? You can participate in that subject, or the thread can simply end for you by not clicking on it again. It is you calling other forum participants "brain damaged" that is probably against forum policy and should be deleted or penalized, along with the rest of the ad-hominem posts in this and most other threads on this forum.

indyfabz 07-05-22 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by beng1 (Post 22564188)
The thread is for showing the things you find while on bicycle rides.

Not really.

tomato coupe 07-05-22 08:03 AM

This dude is either a troll or seriously brain damaged.

What is this word “or”?

NomarsGirl 07-05-22 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by m.c. (Post 22561129)
Riding around town with a big knife and half empty bottle of vodka sounds exciting,

I don’t think I’d touch the knife, I’d be worried it’s a murder weapon.

My exact thought.

Reflector Guy 07-05-22 11:45 AM

The thread is for showing the things you find while on bicycle rides. Do you understand that ??? You can participate in that subject, or the thread can simply end for you by not clicking on it again. It is you calling other forum participants "brain damaged" that is probably against forum policy and should be deleted or penalized, along with the rest of the ad-hominem posts in this and most other threads on this forum.

Don't you find, though, that dumpsters really kind of tend to stink? Like that guy at the Chez Paul said in "The Blues Brothers" - They smell bad. Specifically, they small like garbage. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but every time I've been too close to a dumpster or I've accidentally touched a dumpster or I've - heaven forbid - reached into a dumpster, I can smell the garbage on my clothes the whole rest of the day. Or maybe my nose is just too sensitive? I can get some nice clean non-stinky bottle of vodka six days a week; why drink the stinky stuff?

tomato coupe 07-05-22 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Reflector Guy (Post 22564442)
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but every time I've been too close to a dumpster or I've accidentally touched a dumpster or I've - heaven forbid - reached into a dumpster, I can smell the garbage on my clothes the whole rest of the day.

That's why you need to ride shirtless.

Reflector Guy 07-05-22 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by tomato coupe (Post 22564460)
That's why you need to ride shirtless.

And now we know why Larry rides shirtless! It all makes sense now.

indyfabz 07-05-22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Reflector Guy (Post 22564442)
I can get some nice clean non-stinky bottle of vodka six days a week; why drink the stinky stuff?

Since the events described in the OP did not happen, the question is moot.

Badger6 07-05-22 05:05 PM

The thread is for showing the things you find while on bicycle rides. Do you understand that ??? … It is you calling other forum participants "brain damaged" that is probably against forum policy and should be deleted or penalized, along with the rest of the ad-hominem posts in this and most other threads on this forum.

No, this thread is about you finding a half bottle of vodka in a dumpster and proceeding to brag that you drank it with no concern for yourself, in particular that it may have been adulterated. You were just really proud that you were able to score some cheap booze. Which in reality might be the sign of someone suffering from severe alcohol addiction.

Regardless, taking home a half bottle of vodka from a dumpster is abnormal behavior. Period. That is not ad hominem, it is a factual observation of behavior that is not socially normal. Asking if you’re a troll is not an attack, and is quite reasonable considering the behavior you’ve claimed seems awfully odd, and posts like this are historically just troll jobs. Wondering if you’ve got brain damage is not ad hominem. Brian damage is not just a congenital condition, and in fact it is quite common amongst people who have suffered Traumatic Brain Injuries due to concussive impacts and/or significant oxygen deprivation.

Chuck M 07-05-22 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Badger6 (Post 22564739)
Brian damage is not just a congenital condition, and in fact it is quite common amongst people who have suffered Traumatic Brain Injuries due to concussive impacts and/or significant oxygen deprivation.

Or among people that drink tainted booze from the dumpster?

Badger6 07-05-22 05:09 PM

Yeah, lots of ways it can happen that don’t include defective chromosome donations.

Kapusta 07-05-22 06:21 PM

Man, haters gonna hate :lol:

I am not sure what’s more entertaining: Hearing about this guy‘s dumpster vodka, or all the people clutching their pearls over looking in dumpsters.