Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

SpeedyBlueBiker 11-09-23 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 23066599)
I live in the Snoqualmie valley so came up past Carnation Farms, up Union Hill, then crossed over to Avondale and back the same way. When I lived in Redmond I would go up Avondale and Union all the time for hill climbs and go down to the valley on both roads too. I used to climb Avondale from the east, but traffic is just too bad these days so I only descend it these days because I can keep up with the cars

Nice route! Yes, a lot more traffic in that area now. I really dislike riding on Avondale especially going northbound. Living on Education Hill, you're bound to ride by there sometime but I try to make it southbound if I have to.

rsbob 11-09-23 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedyBlueBiker (Post 23067227)
Nice route! Yes, a lot more traffic in that area now. I really dislike riding on Avondale especially going northbound. Living on Education Hill, you're bound to ride by there sometime but I try to make it southbound if I have to.

Used to live in Cedar Ridge at the corner of 148th and Redmond Way back in my 30s. My nightly ride was up Education Hill, then down past the high school to Avondale and up Novelty or Union Hill through the valley and up and over Tolt Hill, down 202 toward Redmond but cut up to Ames Lake, then Union Hill back to Redmond. It was one heck of a workout.

Couldnt do that nightly now if I had to - unless it was VERY leisurely with no time limit.

ofajen 11-09-23 09:48 PM

No ride today, just a one hour, easy run, but I did get my new Race King rear tire to seat properly by soapy water plus inflating to 80 psi. Thatís a lot for a 26x2.20 tire rated to 58 psi, but the rated pressure wasnít getting the job done.

Anyway, things look good for a ride tomorrow!

Ottk

Sierra_rider 11-09-23 10:34 PM

A little shakedown ride on my brand-new XC bike, 2024 Santa Cruz Blur...just 16 miles and 2000' of climbing. This bike is going to be quick. It's longer travel than the typical XC bike and is kinda porky compared to my outgoing XC bike, but it really does a better job of putting the power down to the ground than my old bike.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ebc7e1f2c5.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d6bf9249b8.jpg

rsbob 11-09-23 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra_rider (Post 23067301)
A little shakedown ride on my brand-new XC bike, 2024 Santa Cruz Blur...just 16 miles and 2000' of climbing. This bike is going to be quick. It's longer travel than the typical XC bike and is kinda porky compared to my outgoing XC bike, but it really does a better job of putting the power down to the ground than my old bike.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ebc7e1f2c5.jpg

Congrats. Sweet ride

Sierra_rider 11-10-23 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 23067321)
Congrats. Sweet ride

Thanks. I wasn't sure if going with a 120mm XC bike was going to be a mistake, but after today's ride, I have zero regrets about this acquisition. I'm also enjoying the wireless shifting, I think the ability to rapid-fire shifts, will be an advantage in racing scenarios. Now I'm just eagerly waiting for the XC season to start up again.

AveCaesarAve 11-10-23 06:38 AM

One mile exactly - but in the rain and at 5degC, so was not the most pleasant experience

jaxgtr 11-10-23 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by AveCaesarAve (Post 23067729)
One mile exactly - but in the rain and at 5degC, so was not the most pleasant experience

Ride is a ride.

jaxgtr 11-10-23 03:06 PM

I had a life sucking work based training that I could not get out of for 4 hrs and a 1 hour break in the middle. :bang:, So I jump on Rouvy, pulled up Godfather and Godfather II. I got called on once, and someone asked if I had a fan running, I told them my AC was down and it was over 80 outside and the AC people would not be here until this afternoon. :thumb:

I got in 37 miles and 5.7K feet of altitude gain rode through the break time and once I finished, oh hey, the AC people are here, I will be right back. Took a shower, got some food and then rejoined as they were wrapping up. Then they say, oh this was recorded, so if you want to review it later you can. I was like, yea I will check that out. uh pass.

rsbob 11-10-23 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by jaxgtr (Post 23068282)
I had a life sucking work based training that I could not get out of for 4 hrs and a 1 hour break in the middle. :bang:, So I jump on Rouvy, pulled up Godfather and Godfather II. I got called on once, and someone asked if I had a fan running, I told them my AC was down and it was over 80 outside and the AC people would not be here until this afternoon. :thumb:

I got in 37 miles and 5.7K feet of altitude gain rode through the break time and once I finished, oh hey, the AC people are here, I will be right back. Took a shower, got some food and then rejoined as they were wrapping up. Then they say, oh this was recorded, so if you want to review it later you can. I was like, yea I will check that out. uh pass.

Brilliant! Reminds me of my old work from home days.

rsbob 11-10-23 06:25 PM

Tried to knock off all the Scotland routes on ZWIFT with help of my fascinated 5 YO grandson. He was fascinated by the Ghosts (white pace partners) the animals and catching people. When someone blew by generating unreal watts, he was disappointed I could not ketchup. I told him old people are not quite as fast as young adults, which was a real puzzler.

Sierra_rider 11-10-23 06:34 PM

I've been known to skip out on virtual meetings...I usually put opaque tape on my laptop camera and then claim that I'm having tech issues.:lol: It's totally believable, at least if I'm at home. I live out in BumF@&%$ Egypt, so everyone assumes that the Hooterville Phone Company is having bandwidth problems.

Troul 11-10-23 06:35 PM

that used to work until someone swear they spotted me riding one weekend, & another person caught wind of that with the following of, "they are probably one of those 'road riders' "

Swapped the old tired cinturato velo x35 out with a new P ZERO TLR 4S x32. Got out & turned 48 miles in the slightly breezy 29*F environment. The 4S may not be as fat, but it sure felt 'smoother' .

Sierra_rider 11-10-23 06:44 PM

Another short ride on the new Santa Cruz, 12 miles and 2000' of elevation. The only noteworthy thing about this ride was that I was hitting some technical downhills that I usually save for my 160mm MTB. Also that I was able to pedal up some short, crazy-steep dirt climb, that I've never been able to ride before. I'm usually fighting between wheeling the front, or loosing rear wheel traction...this bike rode up it like a champ. Only had to hold 700 watts for 20 seconds on my 34-50 to do it lol.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7d4055c8a3.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ea6a29469a.jpg

jaxgtr 11-10-23 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra_rider (Post 23068479)
I've been known to skip out on virtual meetings...I usually put opaque tape on my laptop camera and then claim that I'm having tech issues.:lol: It's totally believable, at least if I'm at home. I live out in BumF@&%$ Egypt, so everyone assumes that the Hooterville Phone Company is having bandwidth problems.

My boss and next boss up are both women and absolutely hate being on camera so that is not something I ever have to worry about. My wife however, her boss is the boss from hell and she wants everyone on camera and has meeting to just have meetings. My wife came to me one day and said, how can I have my camera not work, so once her meeting started, I was standing behind the laptop camera and pressed the electric tape over it. My wife went through all the hey what happen, etc, then told them she was going on mute and go get me since I have an IT background, muted, went and made some hot tea, came back and told her it looks like the camera died according to me. Her boss sent her a USB based camera.... :lol:

Troul 11-10-23 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by jaxgtr (Post 23068520)
My boss and next boss up are both women and absolutely hate being on camera so that is not something I ever have to worry about. My wife however, her boss is the boss from hell and she wants everyone on camera and has meeting to just have meetings. My wife came to me one day and said, how can I have my camera not work, so once her meeting started, I was standing behind the laptop camera and pressed the electric tape over it. My wife went through all the hey what happen, etc, then told them she was going on mute and go get me since I have an IT background, muted, went and made some hot tea, came back and told her it looks like the camera died according to me. Her boss sent her a USB based camera.... :lol:

pre-record footage & have it play on a tablet that's in the camera's view..

Just make sure to do a few different recordings using different shirts.

jaxgtr 11-10-23 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 23068526)
pre-record footage & have it play on a tablet that's in the camera's view..

Just make sure to do a few different recordings using different shirts.

Unfortunately, she makes everyone participate, and is just a pain, so that would be next to impossible.

The Chemist 11-11-23 07:46 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...39af4d6fb9.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...38457d1f3d.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3bce34f3c6.jpg

Installed a new bottom bracket and crank this morning and finally managed to get rid of the ticking noise from the crank area that had been driving me nuts for the past few weeks.

georges1 11-11-23 07:53 AM

Yesterday 10km with the hybrid who will get an upgrade next month

XxHaimBondxX 11-11-23 11:15 AM

Another 30ish. Don't know exactly because my phone died suddenly when I thought it had over 50% charge. I knew they don't like cold, this was a shocker.

I did see albino squirrel, again. Anyone know how rare are these?

cegerer 11-11-23 11:42 AM

32 miles this morning. One of those days when the legs were just not there. Frustrating. No real reason I can think of. Last 10 miles or so I felt great ....

jaxgtr 11-11-23 07:17 PM

Had to take my wife to St Augustine this afternoon, so just did a quick 21 miles today. Wind was awful, so I am glad she asked me to drive her to St. Augustine :lol:

Troul 11-11-23 07:39 PM

wind was up here too... headwind. 36 miles, 28*F.

rsbob 11-11-23 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 23069549)

Wind was bad here too plus thundershowers but managed 21 miles and 800í climbing at 189 watts

(indoors)

jaxgtr 11-11-23 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Troul (Post 23069549)

Ok, I feel like I was just lazy now....thanks. :D