Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Velo Vol 02-20-22 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22415807)
I remember Sister Mary John from 4th grade. That was 56 years ago.

Mine are much more recent history. #Ute

DougRNS 02-20-22 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22415672)
Who was your favourite teacher?

Could also be this.

DougRNS 02-20-22 04:52 PM

Or even this.

Velo Vol 02-20-22 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22415855)
Or even this.

Should you be napping?

DougRNS 02-20-22 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22415871)
Should you be napping?

maybe

seedsbelize2 02-20-22 05:36 PM

One of those patched tubes flatted yesterday. I put the spare in and rode home without remembering to feel inside the tire. So this morning before my ride I took the wheel off, took the tube out and checked; then went for a ride. Got home, hung the bike up, and as I was taking off my gloves, heard the hiss of the rear tire flatting. I might want to check that tire a little more carefully this time.

genejockey 02-20-22 05:38 PM

Yesterday was a fabulous day for riding. Light breezes, high 60s/low 70s, not a cloud in the sky! One of those days when you can wear a short sleeve jersey and not be too cold, but also not so warm that you're dripping with sweat. One of those days we're sometimes blessed with in midwinter here in NorCal!

I didn't ride yesterday.

Today, it was in the low 50s with winds out of the North blowing 10 mph and gusting to twice that. I enjoyed my ride immensely, weather notwithstanding. I'd swapped the Vittoria Corsas from Deadman onto the Litespeed, replacing the Rubino Pro Slicks I'd been running (because I had them). Wow! Same pressures (90F, 95R), but the difference is dramatic. About the only way I can think to describe it is that with the Rubinos, rough pavement was a reason to seek a different, smoother section of pavement. With the Corsas, the feeling from same pavement is basically data - "this pavement is rough", but not demanding a response. Corners also felt better. I felt pretty good on this one corner last week, taking it a just under 28 mph, resisting the urge to brake. Today I took the same corner at 29 mph with no such urges.

Anyhow, still lovin' the Litespeed, but now, even more.

big john 02-20-22 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22415896)
Yesterday was a fabulous day for riding. Light breezes, high 60s/low 70s, not a cloud in the sky! One of those days when you can wear a short sleeve jersey and not be too cold, but also not so warm that you're dripping with sweat. One of those days we're sometimes blessed with in midwinter here in NorCal!

I didn't ride yesterday.

Today, it was in the low 50s with winds out of the North blowing 10 mph and gusting to twice that. I enjoyed my ride immensely, weather notwithstanding. I'd swapped the Vittoria Corsas from Deadman onto the Litespeed, replacing the Rubino Pro Slicks I'd been running (because I had them). Wow! Same pressures (90F, 95R), but the difference is dramatic. About the only way I can think to describe it is that with the Rubinos, rough pavement was a reason to seek a different, smoother section of pavement. With the Corsas, the feeling from same pavement is basically data - "this pavement is rough", but not demanding a response. Corners also felt better. I felt pretty good on this one corner last week, taking it a just under 28 mph, resisting the urge to brake. Today I took the same corner at 29 mph with no such urges.

I tried some Vittoria Corsa tires several years ago and they did ride nice but they shed big chunks of rubber while riding. Like pieces an inch long by half an inch wide.
I spoke to the guy at the lbs and he said there were others who had the same problem but nothing was ever resolved and I just stopped using them.

I usually use the Rubino Pro tires but the last 4 or 5 have dry rotted. I heard there was a dry rot problem with some car tires due to a change in the compound and I wondered if some bike tires are also changing compound or if these tires dry rotted because they were stored for too long or in the wrong conditions.

rjones28 02-20-22 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22415896)

I didn't ride yesterday.

I like the Corsas. They really smooth out the ride of the stiff 50mm Rovals.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...aeec0ccb06.jpg

seedsbelize2 02-20-22 06:27 PM

I showered in unheated water after today's ride. First one I came home from. sweating. since the turn of the weather back in November.

indyfabz 02-20-22 06:30 PM

Velo Vol 02-20-22 07:02 PM

No part of this post can be reasonably construed as an invitation to post videos.

LAJ 02-20-22 07:06 PM

Maybe an image then.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...db059ee73a.jpg

LAJ 02-20-22 07:09 PM

Corsa's do ride nicely, but their flat protection isn't close to the Rubino Pro Slicks.

Mojo31 02-20-22 07:09 PM

Cheech and Chong are an appropriate response to any post.

Velo Vol 02-20-22 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22415997)

I never had a hot teacher, and I had a lot of teachers. Sad.

big john 02-20-22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22415997)
Maybe an image then.

NHRA @ Pomona will be shown tonight @ 7:00, local time. Don't know why they delayed it. I wanted to take a friend who has never been and his two sons but I failed.

LAJ 02-20-22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22416006)
NHRA @ Pomona will be shown tonight @ 7:00, local time. Don't know why they delayed it. I wanted to take a friend who has never been and his two sons but I failed.

I bet it was delayed due to Daytona. Based on the past few years, Daytona has been wet, so with a bit more interest in NHRA lately, I think they want to make sure plenty of eyes are on it.

rjones28 02-20-22 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22416001)
I never had a hot teacher, and I had a lot of teachers. Sad.

More than usual?

Mojo31 02-20-22 07:36 PM

I never had a hot teacher either. Apparently, they only exist in Florida

Velo Vol 02-20-22 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22416019)
More than usual?

Fewer than average, in grade school.

rjones28 02-20-22 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22416022)
Fewer than average, in grade school.

What about later?

Trsnrtr 02-20-22 08:03 PM

I can’t recall any hot teachers, either, except the one that I married. :love:

Velo Vol 02-20-22 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22416028)
What about later?

Probably then, too. I took five college courses from one guy.

LAJ 02-20-22 08:25 PM

I bet that one guy never does whatever it was to deserve that again.