Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

indyfabz 03-05-22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22429407)
I went on a 3 km walk this morning.

Iíve walked about 9 miles so far today.

ls01 03-05-22 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22428990)
Good morning Velo Vol !

What happened to V.V. ? Is he in the penalty box?

LAJ 03-05-22 02:40 PM

All Y'All must be new here.

VV takes a sabbatical once or twice a year, and the time away isn't a set value.

indyfabz 03-05-22 02:43 PM

A guy I have known for over 29 years have been hospitalized since late November. He developed sepsis after not getting a leg wound taken care of. Heís been in the ICU and ventilated for much of his hospital stay. His family is apparently going to take him off life support on Monday. Although heís completely unconscious, there is a short Zoom thing tomorrow so we can say out goodbyes to him. Not something I should particularly want to do, but I probably will participate. Of all the customers of the bar where heís worked for forever, Iíve probably known him the longest.

ls01 03-05-22 02:44 PM

My sympathies Indy.

Mojo31 03-05-22 02:45 PM

Got our REI dividend card today. $561.00. Not sure if doing something right or wrong.

BillyD 03-05-22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22429288)
Is there something we need to know?

Define need.

phrantic09 03-05-22 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22429434)
A guy I have known for over 29 years have been hospitalized since late November. He developed sepsis after not getting a leg wound taken care of. Heís been in the ICU and ventilated for much of his hospital stay. His family is apparently going to take him off life support on Monday. Although heís completely unconscious, there is a short Zoom thing tomorrow so we can say out goodbyes to him. Not something I should particularly want to do, but I probably will participate. Of all the customers of the bar where heís worked for forever, Iíve probably known him the longest.

That sucks. Sorry to hear.

BillyD 03-05-22 03:16 PM

Sorry to hear.

rjones28 03-05-22 03:21 PM

:hug:

Mojo31 03-05-22 03:27 PM

Sad deal. Sorry to hear that.

indyfabz 03-05-22 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22429440)
Got our REI dividend card today. $561.00. Not sure if doing something right or wrong.

Wow! Mine is probably just south of $200, and I have their credit card.

datlas 03-05-22 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22429475)
:hug:

This

Bah Humbug 03-05-22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22429305)
Race was awesome, Had some really good attacks, and saw an opportunity to take the lead and did so. Held the lead for a little less than a lap and blew up, didnít fall off the back was able fight my way back up to the front.
I was in good position with two laps to go and a massive crash happened next to me. They stopped the race and had us reform starting us with 5 laps to go. Started again and got near the front but got stuck on the inside. These two riders kept getting enfront of me and then slowing down, I was getting really pissed off.

Finished 20th out of 70 I think. If the crash hasnít happened I think I would have been in the top 10. I had a lot left in me and was far from red lining when I finished.

The cervelo was handling like ****. It was super squirrelly and I clipped a wheel pretty early in the race but didnít go down. I was on the hoods most of the race due to how the cervelo was handling on the drops. Was never a problem before but with cyclist all around you in the drops it felt like I was over correcting.

The crash shook me up, which is why I didnít push as hard as I should have in the last lap. I didnít lose any position during the lap but I didnít gain anything either.

Had a blast, the nervousness went away right when the whistle was blown. Officially Addicted.

Great job, and glad you kept it right side up. Weird the bike was handling badly - I assume you didn't change anything?

Bah Humbug 03-05-22 03:41 PM

Nothing is going well. :hug:

rjones28 03-05-22 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22429430)
What happened to V.V. ? Is he in the penalty box?

Preparations for grass cutting season are all-consuming.

phrantic09 03-05-22 04:22 PM

My buddy has recently started experimenting with beers outside of his traditional wheelhouse. He makes truly phenomenal IPAs of any style- old school super bitter, West Coast, New EnglandÖ whatever. So far Iím really digging the experiments which would be outside of my traditional wheelhouse as well. Todayís sample:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9936757c6.jpeg

normally not a lager guy, but am really digging this one. Since I pushed it today to be able to get some miles in while my daughter was at practice I may have more than one.

It is supposed to be 65 tomorrow, Iím really hoping I can get out but the forecast is calling for rain all day

phrantic09 03-05-22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22429532)
Preparations for grass cutting season are all-consuming.

must be it

Mojo31 03-05-22 04:30 PM

Got thru about a third of my mulch stack, and only about half of the front beds. Misunderestimated my mulch needs it seems.

phrantic09 03-05-22 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22429553)
Got thru about a third of my mulch stack, and only about half of the front beds. Misunderestimated my mulch needs it seems.

Question-

That was what? A yard? Yard and a half? Was getting a pile dumped in your driveway not an option?

Mojo31 03-05-22 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22429492)
Wow! Mine is probably just south of $200, and I have their credit card.

I think my Kickr Bike was a large part of that. We also had some one time spends for hiking gear for the wife and I, and some rocking climbing gear for the son. Three consumers versus your one.

bampilot06 03-05-22 04:36 PM

Sorry Mate. :hug:

bampilot06 03-05-22 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22429502)
Great job, and glad you kept it right side up. Weird the bike was handling badly - I assume you didn't change anything?

I slammed the stem, but rode it the day before with it slammed. I had it like that in the past, but since I got the madone, I donít ride the Cervelo much.

I think it was more of psychological, just having riders on either side that close and trying to focus on my line, maybe I was more jumpy? Iím not sure.

Oh, and I def had my head set clamped to tight in the past which made the steering stiffish, it was not like that for the race. Donít ask.

Mojo31 03-05-22 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22429556)
Question-

That was what? A yard? Yard and a half? Was getting a pile dumped in your driveway not an option?

I ordered 200 cubic feet (100 bags), so a little more than 7 yards (if my math is right). I order bags instead of bulk since I don’t have a wheelbarrow, and can’t do all that shoveling into a wheelbarrow. Half way thru the front yard my back was killing me. I’m now laying on an ice pack.

fortunately, I guess, winds today and tomorrow are as high as the mid30s so not really a riding day.

Bah Humbug 03-05-22 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22429567)
I slammed the stem, but rode it the day before with it slammed. I had it like that in the past, but since I got the madone, I donít ride the Cervelo much.

I think it was more of psychological, just having riders on either side that close and trying to focus on my line, maybe I was more jumpy? Iím not sure.

Oh, and I def had my head set clamped to tight in the past which made the steering stiffish, it was not like that for the race. Donít ask.

Wouldn't have. It probably just made it handle differently enough from how you were used to it that it felt weird at race speeds an intensity. And crowding. If you ride it more and then race again, probably better.

Are you racing again?