Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Liége-Bastogne-Liége 2019 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1171643)

Caretaker 04-28-19 09:14 AM

Liége-Bastogne-Liége 2019

SPOILER ALERT

A wet and cold L-B-L

Fuglsang wins , surviving a skid on a downhill at 4.8Kms. to go. I was sure he was gone but showed great bike handling skill to stay upright.
Formolo (BOH) 2nd about 25 secs. back and Schachmann (BOH) 3rd in a sprint from a group.

one4smoke 04-28-19 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Caretaker (Post 20904511)
SPOILER ALERT

A wet and cold L-B-L

Fuglsang wins , surviving a skid on a downhill at 4.8Kms. to go. I was sure he was gone but showed great bike handling skill to stay upright.
Formolo (BOH) 2nd about 25 secs. back and Schachmann (BOH) 3rd in a sprint from a group.

That was one heckuva save! He skidded almost 90°. Great win for someone that's been so close lately.

Btw... Don't you think you should've put the "spoiler alert" in the title? I saw the race (some others may have not yet), but the first thing that popped out when I clicked on your thread was "Fugslang wins" ...saw that before I saw the spoiler alert.

Just sayin...

Caretaker 04-28-19 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by one4smoke (Post 20904717)

Btw... Don't you think you should've put the "spoiler alert" in the title? I saw the race (some others may have not yet), but the first thing that popped out when I clicked on your thread was "Fugslang wins" ...saw that before I saw the spoiler alert.

Just sayin...

There's no spoiler in the thread title (as per forum sticky), there's a SPOILER ALERT on the first line and the result is in line three.

Not my fault if you saw the result.

Just sayin......

diphthong 04-28-19 01:05 PM

congrats to fuglsang. finally a bride and not a bridesmaid. he’s been knocking on the door quite a bit in the last few years.

a shame about gesink. he will be missed in the giro.

GrainBrain 04-28-19 06:13 PM

I tuned in at 68km to go.

Being an EF fanboy I was thrilled to watch Tanel Kangert off the front for so long. Got excited to see Woods catch Fuglsang's move.

But wow! Fuglsang just had an amazing explosion of power, it was incredible to see him just pull away from Formolo and Woods. Disappointed to see Woods unable to stick with Formolo, but geeze Formolo really opened it up as well!

I really enjoy these riders with mountain bike experience, that was in full display with Fuglsang!! The way he snapped the front into the skid was just beyond incredible.

Rajflyboy 04-29-19 05:31 AM

Where is Froome in these spring classics ?

Caretaker 04-29-19 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rajflyboy (Post 20905581)
Where is Froome in these spring classics ?

Where he usually is, preparing for the GTs. Froome's never been a spring classics rider. Ineos will probably run Bernal for the Giro and Froome/Thomas in the TdF.

Pemetic2006 04-29-19 06:10 PM

Spoiler alert should be in the thread title.

diphthong 04-29-19 07:32 PM

it could possibly have been slightly clearer but i read the "no spoilers in thread titles" sticky post
as don't post (for example) "fuglsang wins a cold and windy l-b-l" vs an acceptable "wild and wet l-b-l spoiler alert."
regardless, it's probably best not to visit bike forums at all if you're hell of the north bent on watching a completed race
afterwards w/o prior knowledge. the kookies in the road cycling forums either don't care that there is a professional cycling forums or are
so cyclocentric that they'll occasionally post about pro racing results in the roadie forum (especially during the tdf) and spoil things for those
so inclined to be off the cycling grid. i'd steer away from the new posts feature as well.