Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Mojo31 07-02-21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22126439)
1,000 watts!?

You know, a typical zone 2 ride.

indyfabz 07-02-21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22126423)
Probably not, you know the prosecutor is soft on crime.

The Tour should erect a monument to those straight up guys. Bending over to paint and then standing up too quickly can mess with the blood flow to your head.

indyfabz 07-02-21 01:02 PM

Happy three-day weekend to those of you who, like me, would normally have to work Monday but don't.

Velo Vol 07-02-21 01:13 PM

Why isn't Friday the day off?

WhyFi 07-02-21 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22126685)
You know, a typical zone 2 ride.

:beer:

genejockey 07-02-21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22126737)

Who says it isn't?

genejockey 07-02-21 01:47 PM

Poor Rango tweaked his neck again, so Yours Truly didn't sleep very well. Luckily it's not as serious as it was back in December, PLUS we know what it is and have a lot of the meds left over. He's already doing better. Not sure what happened. Maybe he slept on it funny, but he wasn't laughing when he woke up.

Eric F 07-02-21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22126737)

Because Monday is the day adjacent to the holiday. If the holiday was on Saturday, the day off would be Friday.

WhyFi 07-02-21 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22126774)
Because Monday is the day adjacent to the holiday. If the holiday was on Saturday, the day off would be Friday.

IOW: hangovers.

:innocent:

Eric F 07-02-21 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22126778)
IOW: hangovers.

:innocent:

Valid.

sshakari 07-02-21 02:12 PM

Im working through the weekend, it sucks! My fault for not being prepared.:troll:

Eric F 07-02-21 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22126805)
Im working through the weekend, it sucks! My fault for not being prepared.:troll:

This weekend, I will hoist a flagon of fine ale in your general direction, drink deeply, and belch loudly, while taking a brief moment to remember that some fine folks - such as yourself - are suffering though such troubling hardships.

sshakari 07-02-21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22126814)
This weekend, I will hoist a flagon of fine ale in your general direction, drink deeply, and belch loudly, while taking a brief moment to remember that some fine folks - such as yourself - are suffering though such troubling hardships.

Appreciate the toast!!! I will need it. Im just going to try and get a ride in this weekend otherwise its going to be Peloton weekend.

Trsnrtr 07-02-21 02:31 PM

When I worked for the government, we got an extra day off if the governor stubbed his toe or whatever, but for some reason, if the 4th fell on a weekend then there was no Monday or Friday off. :foo:

My son works for the state and confirmed this when I talked to him an hour or so ago.

datlas 07-02-21 02:35 PM

Saturn injury report: first time ever, a small rock hit the windshield and made a small target crack. Is this a fairly common thing for cars??

Eric F 07-02-21 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22126823)
When I worked for the government, we got an extra day off if the governor stubbed his toe or whatever, but for some reason, if the 4th fell on a weekend then there was no Monday or Friday off. :foo:

My son works for the state and confirmed this when I talked to him an hour or so ago.

My company's holidays are dictated by the construction trade unions. Union agreements mandate a certain number of holidays per year, if one of the usual holidays falls on a weekend, they compensate with the closest adjacent weekday.

Eric F 07-02-21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22126824)
Saturn injury report: first time ever, a small rock hit the windshield and made a small target crack. Is this a fairly common thing for cars??

It's not uncommon, and likely repairable by most auto glass shops.

WhyFi 07-02-21 02:50 PM

Half day for the wife, so we're at the beach. This is totally going to mess up highly cultivated tan lines.

Trsnrtr 07-02-21 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22126834)
My company's holidays are dictated by the construction trade unions. Union agreements mandate a certain number of holidays per year, if one of the usual holidays falls on a weekend, they compensate with the closest adjacent weekday.

We had a similar thing with building trades. I was a highway engineer and worked when the unions worked and being on salary, sometimes I lost out if they worked one of my regular holidays like Veterans Day.

datlas 07-02-21 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22126837)
It's not uncommon, and likely repairable by most auto glass shops.

I still carry comprehensive for it and USAA (my auto insurance company) will pay the full cost to repair. It’s a small crack but I don’t want it to get larger.

Here is a recent pic of my machines.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...76727d7ba.jpeg

Eric F 07-02-21 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22126858)
I still carry comprehensive for it and USAA (my auto insurance company) will pay the full cost to repair. It’s a small crack but I don’t want it to get larger.

Here is a recent pic of my machines.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...76727d7ba.jpeg

They don't ever get better. Get it fixed as soon as you are able.

Eric F 07-02-21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22126847)
Half day for the wife, so we're at the beach. This is totally going to mess up highly cultivated tan lines.

Between cycling and being a softball dad, my tan line game is especially on point this year.

datlas 07-02-21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22126860)
They don't ever get better. Get it fixed as soon as you are able.

Already scheduled repair for next week.

datlas 07-02-21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22126847)

Easy solution: wear your kit to the beach.

big john 07-02-21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22126824)

If it's a "star" it can be repaired unless it is directly in the driver's field of vision, where it will cause distortion. If it's a crack that is growing it's time for new glass. Shouldn't be too expensive on that car.

I was driving my old Blazer on the freeway and something hit the windshield hard enough to cause a cloud of broken glass particles to hit me. The hole got larger until it would whistle at freeway speed. It was big enough to pass a pencil through it and I put duct tape over it to keep it quiet. After years of this a cop pulled me over and told me to get a new windshield.
Of course, about 3 months after I got the new glass another object broke it on the same freeway. This time there was no hole.

I was driving a customer's truck and a bolt flew off the back of a truck and destroyed the windshield. The guy had a banner across the top and some other crap, he was not amused.

Just remembered, when I bought my 65 Chevy truck there was a big crack in the windshield. I drove it for 19 years and never fixed it.