Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

datlas 10-07-21 05:17 AM

It's only an n of 1, but the delivery time for PBK was good for me. I ordered some GP5000 tires a week ago and they were delivered last night.

:bday:

Trsnrtr 10-07-21 05:35 AM

I've had reasonably good delivery times from the English shops. Can't complain.

datlas 10-07-21 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22260619)
I've had reasonably good delivery times from the English shops. Can't complain.

I think they generally are not a problem, but I have heard scare stories of long customs delays (and/or charges) for higher-ticket items. Four tires for $160, no big whoop.

Trsnrtr 10-07-21 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22260623)
I think they generally are not a problem, but I have heard scare stories of long customs delays (and/or charges) for higher-ticket items. Four tires for $160, no big whoop.

Yeah, I ordered wheels early summer and some wheel bags. They hit Chicago customs either late Thursday or early Friday and the wheels got put in customs jail for the weekend. The wheel bags passed through, no problem. I assume it was the dollar amount that caught the wheels, over a grand.

Anyway, from my experience, customs doesn't work weekends so if something gets stopped and hasn't left by Friday afternoon, it won't leave until Monday.

datlas 10-07-21 05:58 AM

I think I have everything either ordered or in-hand for the Habanero rebuild this winter. The only item I am unsure about is the handlebars. I love the current bars, they are Ritchey WCS Aluminum. My plan is to inspect carefully after unwrapping for signs of oxidation. Assuming they look ok, is there any reason to buy new bars when the 12 year old ones look and work fine?

Trsnrtr 10-07-21 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22260646)
I think I have everything either ordered or in-hand for the Habanero rebuild this winter. The only item I am unsure about is the handlebars. I love the current bars, they are Ritchey WCS Aluminum. My plan is to inspect carefully after unwrapping for signs of oxidation. Assuming they look ok, is there any reason to buy new bars when the 12 year old ones look and work fine?

Probably not, but I better have another espresso and think about it.

Seriously if they were mine, I'd probably replace them but if you like the ones you have and they look sound, Id keep them.

DougRNS 10-07-21 06:16 AM

Thought of the day.
we are all awesome in our mother's eyes.:bday:

(even vol)

ls01 10-07-21 06:19 AM

I received my replacement hoop from princess bike. She actually honored her warranty. Color me floored. Thought I was in for another "Carbon Zone" ride. Just need to find the time to swap it over, and tape the bed. It's too bad they are 25mm wide, they don't fit on the bike, really. The rear wheel rubs when I put out any kind of watts. I wondered why I was climbing even worse than normal. Maybe I can move them to Tarmac 3 that is currently enjoying retirement, and use the 60 mm wheels from that one on Contador.

WhyFi 10-07-21 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22260603)
We have a rule, actually my wife has this rule, that I can’t run the grinder or the espresso machine before 6 AM if she’s still asleep.

ITS TIME!

Isn't being awake before 6am punishment enough? Has she no pity?

WhyFi 10-07-21 06:41 AM

We have a rule, actually my wife has this rule, that I can’t run the grinder or the espresso machine before 6 AM if she’s still asleep.

ITS TIME!

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22260690)
Isn't being awake before 6am punishment enough? Has she no pity?

But what I'm really taking away from this is that it's time to upgrade to a quiet, beefy grinder and an espresso machine with a rotary pump. :D

Velo Vol 10-07-21 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22260591)
Put down the Twitter pipe and join me in reality.

It is reality. Coming soon.

Trsnrtr 10-07-21 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22260694)
But what I'm really taking away from this is that it's time to upgrade to a quiet, beefy grinder and an espresso machine with a rotary pump. :D

I am replacing my Gaggia with a Sylvia with a PID. I could add a PID to my Gaggia but it’s not straightforward and expensive.

rjones28 10-07-21 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22260432)
I'm surprised you're not watching the episode with cycling content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6fPiD9kR5s

I'm not surprised.

rjones28 10-07-21 07:37 AM

ITS TIME!

!!!

Velo Vol 10-07-21 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22260432)
I'm surprised you're not watching the episode with cycling content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6fPiD9kR5s

Hard to spot in the clip, but I don't think all of those bikes have the proper BMX pads.

bampilot06 10-07-21 08:41 AM

No one has said “forget about it” to me.

New York has been a huge disappointment.

Velo Vol 10-07-21 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22260846)

Have you logged miles on a Citibike?

bampilot06 10-07-21 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22260857)
Have you logged miles on a Citibike?

no, but get home tonight.

genejockey 10-07-21 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22260646)

I'd be more concerned about them if you were my size. At your size, they're probably overbuilt!

genejockey 10-07-21 08:51 AM

Fuggedaboutit.

Mojo31 10-07-21 08:55 AM

Has anyone you don't know even talked to you? Other than people who are paid to talk to people (waiters, drivers, clerks, etc.).

bampilot06 10-07-21 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22260883)
Has anyone you don't know even talked to you? Other than people who are paid to talk to people (waiters, drivers, clerks, etc.).

The TSA lady talked to me.

oh….

indyfabz 10-07-21 09:36 AM

WTH is wrong with people? Did a quick run to the ShopRite for kitty litter and a few sundries. As I was about to head to the check out line I remembered I wanted some puff pastry dough. Park the cart against a display of linens so it's not blocking an aisle. Took me a while to find the dough. When I got back to my cart another shopper had taken one bag of litter out, laid it on top of a box of the linens and was placing some items of hers in the cart. She said something like "Oh. Is this yours? I didn't see anyone." Was she just too lazy to get her own cart but not too lazy to lift a 31 lb. bag of kitty litter and likely do the same to the other one still in the cart?

LesterOfPuppets 10-07-21 09:37 AM

ITS TIME!

Our electric grinder died a few months ago so I've been having preground. The little lady got some La Colombe whole bean on sale the other day, so I tried the food processor - coarse uneven grind even after about 10 minutes.

So I broke out the C&V machinery today...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8b1b34cf37.jpg

Velo Vol 10-07-21 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22260951)
WTH is wrong with people? Did a quick run to the ShopRite for kitty litter and a few sundries. As I was about to head to the check out line I remembered I wanted some puff pastry dough. Park the cart against a display of linens so it's not blocking an aisle. Took me a while to find the dough. When I got back to my cart another shopper had taken one bag of litter out, laid it on top of a box of the linens and was placing some items of hers in the cart. She said something like "Oh. Is this yours? I didn't see anyone." Was she just too lazy to get her own cart but not too lazy to lift a 31 lb. bag of kitty litter and likely do the same to the other one still in the cart?

Maybe they ran out of carts?