Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Trsnrtr 11-14-21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22307101)
After a few days of intermittent problems with Zwift, I did a little bit of lookin' online and decided that it might be best to fix my Bluetooth issues with the PC rather than complicate things with the continued Band-Aid approach with the Companion App. I updated this, downloaded drivers for that and.... everything worked smoothly for the fake ride. So I got that goin' fer me, which is nice.

I've had problems with both of our FulGaz programs not connecting to our cadence sensors. I've had that with Zwift before also. This morning, I went upstairs and put both of our iPhones in airplane mode and BANG! Cadence connection. :thumb:

LesterOfPuppets 11-14-21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22306899)

Right on the cusp of shorts weather - 55° is my rule of thumb.

LesterOfPuppets 11-14-21 03:20 PM

How bout those cowboys!

LAJ 11-14-21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22306882)
Yep. I tried in the jersey too, and I don't like it. I have a Camelback that turned into a commuter backpack because it just caused me to sweat too much, and I don't perspire a ton. We'll see how these go.

Fail. One of the cheap-ass cages broke. Going with steel, and call it good.

genejockey 11-14-21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22307084)
Guadalajara will do.

Oh, no! Guadaljara WON'T do!
I did not think the girl could be so cruel.

genejockey 11-14-21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22307091)
Probably cheaper than here.

EVERYWHERE is cheaper than here.

genejockey 11-14-21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22307117)
Oh, and the NYC maps must be the dumbest in all of Zwiftlandia. I mean, flying taxis and soaring glass skyways for the exclusive use of cyclists and runners? And said skyways routinely see grades of 15%+? Dumb. NYC could be interesting enough without the poorly executed sci-fi landscape.

What I can't stand about the NYC maps is the constant up and down. I can never get any kind of rhythm going.

DougRNS 11-14-21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22307213)
Oh, no! Guadaljara WON'T do!
I did not think the girl could be so cruel.

in this case it will. Apologies to Becker and Fagan.

seedsbelize2 11-14-21 04:13 PM

Strava robbed me of another metric century. That's two in the last three Sundays. You'd think a platform that big and ubiquitous could manage it's main goal. Holding a signal for the duration of the activity.

genejockey 11-14-21 04:14 PM

Wasn't really feeling the ride this morning. Slow, distracted, my thoughts going every which way. I'd kinda planned to Ride My Age, what with it being my birthday and all, but the legs and the head were saying "You don't need to do 64 miles. You already did that several times this year." I was leaning toward just doing 55 miles. Then I got to the turn-off where one way makes it 55 and the other makes it 65. I took the latter, and the mind and the legs seemed to start waking up. I was more focused, and pushing harder I practically TT'd the 8 miles on the Alameda from Los Altos to Palo Alto, even though I hit EVERY GODDAM RED LIGHT the whole way. It wasn't one of those days when you feel like a Cycling God, but you know, it was pretty good anyway.

DougRNS 11-14-21 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22307170)

:foo:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1dfe2d1e68.jpg

DougRNS 11-14-21 04:18 PM

With all the complaints about tech issues and riding, maybe I'm better off as a former cyclist.

Just ride the effing bike and be glad you can!

seedsbelize2 11-14-21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22306846)
Same mental/physical place at the moment.

Sunday is, and always has been ride day.

big john 11-14-21 04:23 PM

A live band just started. It's "Banda" music, lots of bass. It's down the street but it's so loud it's giving us headaches. It's so loud there's no way anyone there can talk to each other. It's so loud it's ridiculous. I could never be that rude.

Mojo31 11-14-21 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22307230)
Wasn't really feeling the ride this morning. Slow, distracted, my thoughts going every which way. I'd kinda planned to Ride My Age, what with it being my birthday and all, but the legs and the head were saying "You don't need to do 64 miles. You already did that several times this year." I was leaning toward just doing 55 miles. Then I got to the turn-off where one way makes it 55 and the other makes it 65. I took the latter, and the mind and the legs seemed to start waking up. I was more focused, and pushing harder I practically TT'd the 8 miles on the Alameda from Los Altos to Palo Alto, even though I hit EVERY GODDAM RED LIGHT the whole way. It wasn't one of those days when you feel like a Cycling God, but you know, it was pretty good anyway.

:bday:

Hope your day has a happy ending!

seedsbelize2 11-14-21 04:34 PM

Charlie horse. Not something I really mind, as long as it doesn't last too long. We had a high of 82A today. Pleasant.

seedsbelize2 11-14-21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22307252)
:bday:

Hope your day has a happy ending!

Maybe you'll get lucky.

abshipp 11-14-21 04:36 PM

:bday: Happy birthday!! :bday:

Seems like we had similar legs today. I had a climbing ride planned and starting up the first climb I really didn't know if I should continue.

Ended up feeling pretty good towards the end of that first one and was glad I stuck with it.

WhyFi 11-14-21 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22307228)
Strava robbed me of another metric century. That's two in the last three Sundays.You'd think a platform that big and ubiquitous could manage it's main goal. Holding a signal for the duration of the activity.

That's your phone's job, not Strava's.

seedsbelize2 11-14-21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22307271)
That's your phone's job, not Strava's.

Thanks for the tip. I had the blue dot throughout. It stopped recording.

Velo Vol 11-14-21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22306745)
Pro tip:
Avoid lplo by posting high quality content on every page.

You can start doing so any time . . .

Velo Vol 11-14-21 05:07 PM

This was pretty close, though. There's still hope.

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22307234)
With all the complaints about tech issues and riding, maybe I'm better off as a former cyclist.

Just ride the effing bike and be glad you can!

Velo Vol 11-14-21 05:10 PM

Wasn't really feeling the ride this morning. Slow, distracted, my thoughts going every which way.

Is there something specific one is supposed to think of while riding?

Mojo31 11-14-21 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22307260)
Maybe you'll get lucky.

It’s not my birthday or anniversary, so luck is not on my side today.

BillyD 11-14-21 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22307240)
Sunday is, and always has been football day.

Fixed.