Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Advocacy & Safety (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Animal Attacks Bicyclist (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1038302)

5kdad 11-13-15 10:49 PM

Animal Attacks Bicyclist

85 year old bicyclist mauled by animal in Christian County | Local - KY3.com

Chris0516 11-13-15 11:01 PM

I wish him a speedy recovery.

indyfabz 11-16-15 10:31 AM

Well that sucks. At least he died and then came back to life doing what he loves.

tramptrade 11-16-15 01:51 PM

My heart goes out to Mr. Vogt and his family. Terrible event!

Originally Posted by 5kdad (Post 18318184)
... Noel says all the dogs that she has seen around are familiar and friendly...

Until they form a pack and start hunting. Not saying this is the case here, but it happens all the time.

Todzilla 11-17-15 09:37 AM

I got attacked by a rooster this summer. That's another safety benefit of a helmet I bet no one dreamed of, but he went for my face and I ducked, so he bounced, talons first, off the helmet.

trailangel 11-17-15 09:43 AM

Hmmmm. Man gets attacked and says the attackers were dogs. Sheriff makes a statement, they were not dog, probably a Bear or mountain lion.... but he wasn't there.
Remind me not to vote that sheriff in for another term.

Jarrett2 11-17-15 09:47 AM

That's a strange story. Hope he recovers well.

And props to him for solo riding at 85. I hope I have that ability and cajones at that age.

indyfabz 11-19-15 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Todzilla (Post 18325154)
I got attacked by a rooster this summer. That's another safety benefit of a helmet I bet no one dreamed of, but he went for my face and I ducked, so he bounced, talons first, off the helmet.

Guess that means you are high on the pecking order. See what I did there? A few years ago a woman I know got hit in the head by a Canada Goose. Took off and flew right into her head. She crashed got suffered a concussion. The force of the impact ruptured the goose's abdomen. It fell to the ground, spilling its intestines.

indyfabz 11-19-15 01:14 PM

If it truly was a lion, anyone else see the irony that it happened in Christian County?

jfowler85 11-19-15 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 18331073)
If it truly was a lion, anyone else see the irony that it happened in Christian County?

Victim's middle name is Daniel.

Essex 11-22-15 08:59 AM

I imagine the fellow who suffered the injuries would best know what critter attacked him vs. the sheriff. Some Mo. data suggests the likelihood of being attacked by a lion as :
  • The risk of a mountain lion attack in Missouri is very, very small—almost non-existent. People, livestock and pets are at much greater risk from automobiles, stray dogs and lightning strikes than they are from mountain lions.