Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

DougRNS 08-23-21 08:34 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22197739)
Slow night. The olds must have taken their drugs and called it a day.

I'm enjoying a baseball game. Did some yard work after dinner.

LesterOfPuppets 08-23-21 08:37 PM

I mowed the southwest lawn. And noticed the west irrigation timer isn't working :(

Velo Vol 08-23-21 08:40 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22197746)
I'm enjoying a baseball game.

The drugs have taken effect.

DougRNS 08-23-21 08:42 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22197754)
The drugs have taken effect.

Doug's don't do drugs!

indyfabz 08-23-21 08:46 PM


Originally Posted by billyd (Post 22197605)
+1

+2.

indyfabz 08-23-21 08:48 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22197543)

Didnít know they are still a thing. The one in Philly didnít last that long, IIRC.

Iíve eaten a fair amount both at home and on the road. Had a great double bison burger in Wisdom, MT. Population 600.

DougRNS 08-23-21 08:50 PM

Time to walk the dog and drift off to sleep savoring a hard fought victory over the mighty snakes.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b977f35b7a.jpg

DougRNS 08-23-21 08:52 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22197764)
Didnít know they are still a thing. The one in Philly didnít last that long, IIRC.

Iíve eaten a fair amount both at home and on the road. Had a great double bison burger in Wisdom, MT. Population 600.

Real and spectacular.

Velo Vol 08-23-21 08:57 PM


Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 22197607)
Will you come visit me in the mental hospital? i watched it.

Need a roommate?

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22197768)
Time to walk the dog and drift off to sleep savoring a hard fought victory over the mighty snakes.


BillyD 08-23-21 09:03 PM


Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 22197625)
You would do that with no safety line?

There IS a safety line, that's the only way I would consider it. It's the gray cable that you can see in both photos.

Velo Vol 08-23-21 09:04 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22197750)
I mowed the southwest lawn. And noticed the west irrigation timer isn't working :(

Mowed at a new (to me) property this evening. It was a small (city) lot, but in the back there was a section that hadn't been touched in months. Lawn neglect. SMH.

ls01 08-24-21 04:00 AM

I too, mowed yesterday. If I was a farmer I would starve to death. I can't grow grass! That pretty hard to screw up. Water it and have daylight hit it. Seems easy enough. I will not give up. I shall endeavor to persevere. There will be grass!! I swear it! By all that is holy! It's so stupid....

This is why I didn't want to start this garbage. Now I want to start weeding and fertilizing. Stupid lawn services!

Velo Vol 08-24-21 04:01 AM

Good morning rsbob

Velo Vol 08-24-21 04:44 AM

#Autumn


indyfabz 08-24-21 06:09 AM

I have no lawn to neglect or mow.

Happy.

Mojo31 08-24-21 06:10 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22197598)
They were clipped on surely.

Yes. Neither are crazy.

Mojo31 08-24-21 06:12 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22197784)
There IS a safety line, that's the only way I would consider it. It's the gray cable that you can see in both photos.

Yes, there is a cable that runs through the high exposure areas.

datlas 08-24-21 06:35 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22198034)
I have no lawn to neglect or mow.

Happy.

Kudos. We hope to eventually move into a town or city and have either a tiny patch of lawn or no lawn.

WhyFi 08-24-21 06:57 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22197685)
If you were making a full-fledged doc like this and the climber fell off the cliff, what would you do?

Discuss.

That was one of the dilemmas facing the crew, who are all climbers, themselves, and also friends with Honnold. It gets touched on in the film - it was very stressful for them. You should watch it - it's a great movie.

Velo Vol 08-24-21 07:05 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22198082)
That was one of the dilemmas facing the crew, who are all climbers, themselves, and also friends with Honnold. It gets touched on in the film - it was very stressful for them. You should watch it - it's a great movie.

Kind of a inherent spoiler alert--NGeo isn't going to release a film showing someone falling off a cliff and dying.

WhyFi 08-24-21 07:10 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22198099)
Kind of a inherent spoiler alert--NGeo isn't going to release a film showing someone falling off a cliff and dying.

Yeah, of course, but I'd say that that's one of the wonders of the film - it'll still induce sweaty-palmed anxiety.

indyfabz 08-24-21 07:12 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22198066)
Kudos. We hope to eventually move into a town or city and have either a tiny patch of lawn or no lawn.

I have an empty tree plot (long story). It gets full of weeds in the summer I am lazy. Spent about an hour a couple of weeks ago weeding it. Finally put down some mulch last weekend to help prevent that.

I can take a short walk or ride and relax on way more lawn than I need. The city mows it for me. Now if it would just pave the streets.

seedsbelize 08-24-21 07:15 AM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22197726)
I think they must make one but I don't have one of those, either.

Differently sized pins? That just seems nuts.

bampilot06 08-24-21 07:17 AM

I tried cutting the grass yesterday but the heat won and I gave up.

seedsbelize 08-24-21 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22197787)
Mowed at a new (to me) property this evening. It was a small (city) lot, but in the back there was a section that hadn't been touched in months. Lawn neglect. SMH.

Do you wear your Forrest Gump hat when mowing?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.