Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Velo Vol 02-04-22 08:13 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22399214)
It drizzled here all day as well.

Sorry, you can try to emulate it from afar, but you're not going to match the Velo Vol experience.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22399218)
Denied, unfortunately.

Are you going to tweet? LesterOfPuppets is there, but he doesn't tweet.

BillyD 02-04-22 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22399230)
Yet you chose to let my family and I suffer. Thanks.

Builds character.

MoAlpha 02-04-22 08:16 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22399244)
Sorry, you can try to emulate it from afar, but you're not going to match the Velo Vol experience.

Are you going to tweet? LesterOfPuppets is there, but he doesn't tweet.

I have already quote-tweeted—“or is it twate?—some things.

DougRNS 02-04-22 08:20 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22398868)
Some do. They also populate medical offices, and inhabit forums, questioning my quality MOTDs.

I question your sanity, do you hate me?

DougRNS 02-04-22 08:27 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22399045)
I sold out at 65 am now a twitterer.

..
FIFY
Shame. Money changes everything - C Lauper

Velo Vol 02-04-22 08:43 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22399256)
I question your sanity, do you hate me?

Maybe.

MoAlpha 02-04-22 08:43 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22399263)
..
FIFY
Shame. Money changes everything - C Lauper

Too true, but a very distinguished former mentor of mine is a dignified 79 and has an active account.

DougRNS 02-04-22 08:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22399274)
Maybe.

harsh.

DougRNS 02-04-22 08:47 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22399275)
Too true, but a very distinguished former mentor of mine is a dignified 79 and has an active account.

just busting your chops. I'm sure you will be true to yourself.

genejockey 02-04-22 09:54 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22399233)
Ah, just so. One of my reasons for setting up this mostly professional Twitter account was to decrease my exposure to political and culture war content, which was curdling the sweet milk of my character and giving me agita. So, I will not look, but it does sound like fun.

Mrs. GeneJockey tends to turn on the TV whenever she's in the living/dining room area, especially when she wakes up first. She tends to put MSNBC on in the AM, and while I agree with their politics, sometimes it's early to have the first three hours of our current political life hit me while I'm having my first cup of coffee. I prefer to dip my toes into the news and slowly acclimate every morning, rather than jumping in.

Also, I used to argue politics for fun on a bowhunting/archery forum, but it got to be less and less fun.

LesterOfPuppets 02-04-22 10:33 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22399233)
Ah, just so. One of my reasons for setting up this mostly professional Twitter account was to decrease my exposure to political and culture war content, which was curdling the sweet milk of my character and giving me agita. So, I will not look, but it does sound like fun.

This is a good one, in one of the Waffle House threads...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKx21wIV...g&name=900x900

LAJ 02-04-22 10:39 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b1e087f44.jpeg

Mojo31 02-05-22 04:55 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22399244)
Sorry, you can try to emulate it from afar, but you're not going to match the Velo Vol experience.

Happy to let you, and only you, have that experience.

Mojo31 02-05-22 05:17 AM

More drizzle. Ride canceled today.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9bd74219b6.jpg

datlas 02-05-22 06:01 AM

As expected, roads are icy today. No real miles.

MoAlpha 02-05-22 06:08 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22399339)
Mrs. GeneJockey tends to turn on the TV whenever she's in the living/dining room area, especially when she wakes up first. She tends to put MSNBC on in the AM, and while I agree with their politics, sometimes it's early to have the first three hours of our current political life hit me while I'm having my first cup of coffee. I prefer to dip my toes into the news and slowly acclimate every morning, rather than jumping in.

Also, I used to argue politics for fun on a bowhunting/archery forum, but it got to be less and less fun.

My brother is a troll on MAGA and conspiracy fora. Very unhealthy and destructive to his sanity and the polity’s, IMO. LSS is actually to the left of me on some issues, but much less emotionally affected and, unlike certain less decent people, does not find rage rewarding. She long ago raised a prohibition against ranting.

MoAlpha 02-05-22 06:11 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22399440)

When is booze o’clock?

phrantic09 02-05-22 06:13 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22399244)

Are you going to tweet? LesterOfPuppets is there, but he doesn't tweet.

Same- lurk, don’t tweet

phrantic09 02-05-22 06:15 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22399451)
As expected, roads are icy today. No real miles.

I might give it a shot later, I have a three inch thick slab of ice/sleet/freezing rain under the 4 inches of snow I cleared that I need to work on getting up today.

at least it’s will be sunny

phrantic09 02-05-22 06:38 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22399230)
Yet you chose to let my family and I suffer. Thanks.

some things you need to learn for yourself

DougRNS 02-05-22 06:53 AM

Good morning Velo Vol
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a53a008bc3.jpg

datlas 02-05-22 07:00 AM

I signed up for an anti-social social meetup on Zwift. How bad could it be?

Mojo31 02-05-22 07:03 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22399455)
When is booze o’clock?

It's been booze o'clock 24 x 7.

Three squares plus appetizers at 4:00 everyday as well.

M5 just motored past us. That thing is massive!

BillyD 02-05-22 07:20 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22399457)
I might give it a shot later, I have a three inch thick slab of ice/sleet/freezing rain under the 4 inches of snow I cleared that I need to work on getting up today.

at least it’s will be sunny

We didn’t get any snow, just sleet. It’s a skating rink out there, scraping, salting and sanding will rule the day.

Velo Vol 02-05-22 07:52 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22399474)
Good morning Velo Vol

You're in Sharpsville?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.