Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

seedsbelize2 10-13-21 09:58 AM

Time to prepare for my weekly massage. Oh yes.

Jack Tone 10-13-21 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22268360)
Do any of the platforms do this, have a family plan? Her bike is going on the trainer today, so if she is the only one with account it’s fine.

Im assuming if I want to use the wahoo kickr core, I can throw my bike on there and not use any platform to ride?

I think Fulgaz has a family plan, too.

LesterOfPuppets 10-13-21 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22268522)
Time to prepare for my weekly massage. Oh yes.

I need to start booking those. I'm worried I'd go to a "special" massage parlour by accident. How embarrassing would that be?!!!

Trsnrtr 10-13-21 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22268399)
Cool thanks! I’ll let her decide what she wants to use. She’s not a gamer so I don’t know if she will like the video game features of zwift.

Fulgaz allows two accounts for the price of one, also.

genejockey 10-13-21 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22268399)
Cool thanks! I’ll let her decide what she wants to use. She’s not a gamer so I don’t know if she will like the video game features of zwift.

It's possible to completely ignore video game-ish aspects, like earning new kit, or power-ups, or such, and just ride. A lot of the fun, then, is the same as riding IRL - seeing somebody in the distance and trying to catch them, or bettering your own time on a certain segment, seeing how hard you can push yourself up a climb. I can't stand riding the trainer without a distraction. It's hard to keep my intensity up, to keep my HR >120 just spinning on a trainer. With Zwift, it's more like riding IRL, where you encounter a short climb, so you power over it, or a flat stretch where you just hammer along to see how fast you can go - and how many other riders you can catch.

LAJ 10-13-21 10:36 AM

re "The Filter" "The Censor" and anything else All Y'All want to call it.

It was driven by you, not the moderation bunch. Please remember that.

rjones28 10-13-21 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22268497)

So, despite your fear-mongering, I HTFU and carried on.

sbxx1985 10-13-21 10:40 AM

We got a Theragun. Everyone uses it and when you turn it up, it hurts like a mofo.

Velo Vol 10-13-21 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22268585)
re "The Filter" "The Censor" and anything else All Y'All want to call it.

It was driven by you, not the moderation bunch. Please remember that.

What do you mean, "you"?

Velo Vol 10-13-21 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22268571)
I need to start booking those. I'm worried I'd go to a "special" massage parlour by accident. How embarrassing would that be?!!!

Not as embarrassing as if you accidentally went to a "special" massage parlour as a potential employee.

Eric F 10-13-21 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22268582)
It's possible to completely ignore video game-ish aspects, like earning new kit, or power-ups, or such, and just ride. A lot of the fun, then, is the same as riding IRL - seeing somebody in the distance and trying to catch them, or bettering your own time on a certain segment, seeing how hard you can push yourself up a climb. I can't stand riding the trainer without a distraction. It's hard to keep my intensity up, to keep my HR >120 just spinning on a trainer. With Zwift, it's more like riding IRL, where you encounter a short climb, so you power over it, or a flat stretch where you just hammer along to see how fast you can go - and how many other riders you can catch.

Yep. That's my approach, too.

LesterOfPuppets 10-13-21 11:12 AM

Travel advisory:

Most of I-25 and I-80 closed in Wyoming this morning.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...af8a263e2c.jpg

Velo Vol 10-13-21 11:53 AM

Happy National Fossil Day, Trsnrtr!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9bad14fdb3.png

WhyFi 10-13-21 11:56 AM

I started my Zwift trial today, since the weather was looking sketch. Meh. It was alright. Don't know WTF I'm doing, though.

Am I seeing this right, though - in terms of graphics, there's only a screen resolution setting? If so, that wack, 'cause the visuals are weak.

LAJ 10-13-21 11:57 AM

genejockey 10-13-21 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22268666)
I started my Zwift trial today, since the weather was looking sketch. Meh. It was alright. Don't know WTF I'm doing, though.

Am I seeing this right, though - in terms of graphics, there's only a screen resolution setting? If so, that wack, 'cause the visuals are weak.

It's designed so you can run it on a phone, or a tablet, or a crappy old laptop, so the graphics can be pretty basic. You can get much better graphics with a fairly basic machine and a kickass graphics card. It uses a LOT of GPU, but not much CPU.

EDIT: It will adjust to whatever the limitations of the system are. You won't get high res on a low power system, no matter where you set the resolution.

genejockey 10-13-21 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22268667)

"Best Quality!"

WhyFi 10-13-21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22268672)
It's designed so you can run it on a phone, or a tablet, or a crappy old laptop, so the graphics can be pretty basic. You can get much better graphics with a fairly basic machine and a kickass graphics card. It uses a LOT of GPU, but not much CPU.

EDIT: It will adjust to whatever the limitations of the system are. You won't get high res on a low power system, no matter where you set the resolution.

I'm running it on my gaming rig. I have plenty of horsepower.

genejockey 10-13-21 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22268679)
I'm running it on my gaming rig. I have plenty of horsepower.

This may seem like a strange question, but do you cast a shadow?

WhyFi 10-13-21 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22268686)

Didn't notice during the ride. Is the screenshot on Strava representative of the what you see on the local machine? This is what's on there -

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...24a24a8219.jpg

genejockey 10-13-21 12:16 PM

I ask because rider shadows are only available at higher resolution. Otherwise, you get only shadows from scenery.

OH! And AFAIK the graphics are 2015 standard, as I understand it. Part of why they can run it on old laptops?

genejockey 10-13-21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22268690)
Didn't notice during the ride. Is the screenshot on Strava representative of the what you see on the local machine? This is what's on there -

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...24a24a8219.jpg

That's about what I see on mine with an old laptop. What's your resolution set to, and what settings are available?

Eric F 10-13-21 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22268686)

Based on the pic posted on Strava, I'm not seeing shadows. It looks like what I see with my Apple TV rig (1080p).

WhyFi 10-13-21 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22268694)
That's about what I see on mine with an old laptop. What's your resolution set to, and what settings are available?

That's the thing - there's only a setting for resolution, but nothing for any of the typical eye candy settings that you would see on any modern game. As such, it's set at my monitor's resolution, which is 1080p.

LAJ 10-13-21 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22268673)
"Best Quality!"

If best quality means weird as hell, then they nailed it.