Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your favorite cycling YouTubers? (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1182143)

Korina 08-26-19 02:40 PM

Your favorite cycling YouTubers?

Honest, I thought of this before the podcast thread came up. YouTube can be a cesspool, but it can also be a great place to learn and be entertained. Who do you like to watch?

Here are mine:

Path Less Pedaled They're all about the supple life; right now Russ and (sometimes) Laura ride gravel, and Russ reviews bikes; he also invented the Bicycle Flavor Wheel to help explain geometry.
Henrywildeberry He and Ms. Cools take long rando rides around northern California, and he discusses bikes.
Seth's Bike Hacks Not that I'm a mt biker, but I've learnt a lot about off-road riding from him. Also, he's fun.
Iohan Gueorguiev He started at the Arctic Ocean, and five years later he's getting close to Argentina. He's a madman on an awesome adventure.
rad bike adventure Two women touring; just discovered them, and they seem pretty cool.

aplcr0331 08-26-19 03:08 PM

Vegan Cyclist. Very road racing focused but superb editing and an adorable family.

Here’s a decent one of his;

GPLama. Mostly a gear reviewer but still interesting videos nonetheless. Good Zwift tips.

The rest I like are more racing focused I suppose.

Heres a great video from Rapha and EF cycling team about a long distance race by pro cyclist Lachlan Morton;

Squeeze 08-26-19 03:24 PM

When I need to do something to a bike that I haven't done before, RJ The Bike Guy usually has a video that teaches me what I need to know.

tyrion 08-26-19 03:44 PM

Dustin Klein

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV9...PWy-Q/featured

(best music editing of any bike-tuber I've seen.)

bruce19 08-26-19 03:48 PM

GCN & Katie Kookaburra.

gary10509 08-26-19 06:12 PM

GCN for me.

mj0 08-26-19 06:22 PM

Hambini
Cam Nicholls
NorCal Cycling
owlaps

PDKL45 08-26-19 06:29 PM

Francis Cade and Biker Lawrence both make videos, although Francis Cade's more consistent. They know each other, and Lawrence Carpenter is a pro racer for Wiggins Lecol while Francis Cade is one of his mates and an ex racer. They know a lot of other cyclists around London and they all pop up on Francis Cade's channel, the guys from Jam cycling and the bike fit guy, etc. They're committed cyclists and they consistently produce really good content.

Fernwee is a Dutch guy, much like the two above, and has appeared in Francis Cade's videos.

Phil Gaimon is a retied pro, and makes Worst Retirement Ever, where he's really bad at retiring from cycling because he keeps training and getting KOMs, etc. Was trying out for the 2020 Olympics, but had a nasty crash. Very dry sense of humor, worth a watch.

The Singletrack Sampler is one of Seth, of Seth's Bike Hacks renown, friends. Nice guy, cool videos.

Tall Order for BMX stuff is good. It's made by Sebastian "Bas" Keep, the guy who made the amazing Walls video a year or two ago and features the team riders for his company, Tall Order.

MattTheHat 08-26-19 07:44 PM

I like GCN. My favorite is Iohan Gueorguiev. I also like RJ and KevCentral. I’m not sure why KevCentral appeals to me because I have no desire to ride a big box bike, but he’s very easy to listen to. Oh, and I like Juliet Elliot.

anon06 08-26-19 08:29 PM

I recommend cjhoyle's videos. It's been nice to watch his cycle commute videos (along with commentary/historical facts about Toronto, Canada, etc.) and bicycle repair videos.

I also like BicycleDutch's Netherland's cycling videos.

jeffreythree 08-27-19 09:36 AM

I watch many of those above, but some other favorites are BKXC, BCpov (especially when Yuka rides with him), Skills with Phil for mtb, Park Tool and GCN Tech for the tech, and Sam Pilgrim for some freeriding laughs.

pennpaul 08-27-19 11:37 AM

Add Ryan Van Duzer to the list. He did an excellent bike across the US series last summer as well as several other high quality bike vids.

I used to really like Path Less Pedaled when they did more bike touring vids and I still watch them, but I'm not so interested in all the reviews

burnthesheep 08-27-19 12:15 PM

I favor GCN. I do a little Vegan Cyclist videos as he's down to earth.

Have to admit I was half thinking of doing an Everesting before I saw the episode where Vegan Cyclist failed. I was like, crap, if that dude couldn't do it ain't no way I could give it a shot.

I do Gaimon once in a while, but I think with the recent crash it's about time he needs to figure out how to make a living outside of bikes and move on. His voice and delivery isn't very good in the videos versus his writing in books.

noOriginalNames 08-27-19 03:44 PM

I'm a big Francis Cade fan, lots of really interesting people and events in his videos and he ends up riding in a lot places I can only dream of riding.

2cam16 08-27-19 05:14 PM

All the GCN's(English)
All the GMBN's
Seth
RJ
BKXC
Red Bull
AwesomeMTB
BCPOV
Vancan
ParkTools
PinkBike
MctrailRider
SenderoSeeker
SamPilgrim
TomCardy
KatieKookabura
KeiraMcVitty
RobMcarthy
JoeyMesa(a member here)
Zipp2001(another member)
VitalMTB
PhilGaimon
TommyHuynh
RAWEpics
...and a couple more I'm sure I forgot.

canklecat 08-28-19 02:34 PM

Lanterne Rouge. Dunno who this Aussie kid is but he knows his stuff. Best analyses I've seen of pro racing. He breaks down the subtleties of road racing really well. He's like The Wolf from Pulp Fiction -- thinks fast, talks fast, probably takes his coffee with lotsa cream, lotsa sugar.

Juliet Elliot. Very relatable stuff for the Everyperson who struggles to seriously enjoy competition. That voice, tho'... I think she might be Julia Child and Graham Chapman reincarnated as a cyclist.

And most of the above listed by other folks.

Kedosto 08-28-19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Korina (Post 21093477)
Honest, I thought of this before the podcast thread came up. YouTube can be a cesspool, but it can also be a great place to learn and be entertained. Who do you like to watch?

Here are mine:

Path Less Pedaled They're all about the supple life; right now Russ and (sometimes) Laura ride gravel, and Russ reviews bikes; he also invented the Bicycle Flavor Wheel to help explain geometry.
Henrywildeberry He and Ms. Cools take long rando rides around northern California, and he discusses bikes.
Seth's Bike Hacks Not that I'm a mt biker, but I've learnt a lot about off-road riding from him. Also, he's fun.
Iohan Gueorguiev He started at the Arctic Ocean, and five years later he's getting close to Argentina. He's a madman on an awesome adventure.
rad bike adventure Two women touring; just discovered them, and they seem pretty cool.

I'm subbed to all but the Rad Bike ladies. Iohan's stuff is spectacular. He could easily work as a director or cinematographer, he's that good.

-Kedosto

tyrion 08-28-19 03:41 PM

Has anyone mentioned the undisputed king of youtube cyclists, durianrider?

canklecat 08-28-19 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by tyrion (Post 21096945)
Has anyone mentioned the undisputed king of youtube cyclists, durianrider?

Kaidence-kaidence-kaidence. Frewm got kaidence. Lookitat kaidence. Ahmstrong got no kaidence.

bargo68 08-28-19 09:46 PM

I enjoy:

Path Less Pedaled- Great reviews and focuses on non-racing content. Uploads often.
Dustin Klein- As mentioned earlier, amazing music and he's got a very positive attitude while being mildly trenchant and snarky.
Leonard M Lee- Really great production value and very philosophical. Great scenery from the UK. Quite uplifting.
Phil Gaimon- Funny guy. I know nothing about bike racing, and he's an accessible line in for me.
Henry Wildeberry- Deep into the randonneur style and has great rides in northern California near where I live.

Canker 08-28-19 10:29 PM

Jordon Boostmaster is the only one I watch that hasn't already been brought up. Another mtber mostly freeride(downhill type stuff with jumps).

Le Mechanic 08-29-19 06:40 AM

I'm pretty partial to this channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JoeyMesa
Ok, it's my channel, but it's got something that any cycling enthusiast will enjoy! There are lots of great YouTube channels depending on what you're into. I've found the video format is a great way to learn a particular task, gain insight on a product you're unfamiliar with, or just good ol' plain entertainment.

Leinster 08-29-19 07:04 AM

I watch GCN all the time. Zach Gallardo from time to time about single speed stuff.
I hunt down Cosmo Catalano’s How The Race Was Won videos after all major races, but I feel lately like he isn’t quite as funny as he used to be.

Spinay70 08-29-19 06:22 PM

BobkeTV, although Bob hasnt uploaded in a while. :(

SPinay70

Fahrenheit531 08-30-19 08:10 AM