Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

big john 08-23-21 05:09 PM

Got the Campagnolo Record chain from PBK but I don't have a Campy chain tool. The last one I put on with the regular tool came apart and I don't like using a quick-link. I used to borrow the tool from my LBS but he retired. I plan to call the guy who bought him out and ask if he'll put the chain on for me.

Then, if it skips I won't be able to ride it until I find a cassette.

Mojo31 08-23-21 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 22197209)
I have a difficult time even looking at the photos. That scares the carp out of me,

Me too. From where he is in the picture, it's a 300' drop.

I must say, I laid awake much of the night before worrying about them doing it.

Today was another day spent walking uphill.

datlas 08-23-21 05:38 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22197433)
been wanting to try black bibs.

XL? :innocent:

rjones28 08-23-21 05:52 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22196347)
Maybe in South Dakota.

Five or six miles from me.

Empire Buffalo – Grassfed bison meat, locally raised

WhyFi 08-23-21 05:57 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22197450)
This seems like reasonable justification to write a strongly worded letter to whomever it may concern.

To whom it may concern:

It appears as if a scrotum, other than mine, has been in my newly purchased bibs. This taint good. Please rectumfy the situation.

Sincerely,

Trainsnorter

Bah Humbug 08-23-21 06:04 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22197528)
To whom it may concern:

It appears as if a scrotum, other than mine, has been in my newly purchased bibs. This taint good. Please rectumfy the situation.

Sincerely,

Trainsnorter

PS: To add insult to injury, they were balled up when put back in the packaging.

DougRNS 08-23-21 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22197518)

about 4 miles from me.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8bb900926d.jpg

Trsnrtr 08-23-21 06:10 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22197463)
How did they smell?

I didn’t check but my wife said HTFU and quit whining. I seem to hear that a lot from her. :foo:

Trsnrtr 08-23-21 06:17 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22197528)
To whom it may concern:

It appears as if a scrotum, other than mine, has been in my newly purchased bibs. This taint good. Please rectumfy the situation.

Sincerely,

Trainsnorter


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22197540)
PS: To add insult to injury, they were balled up when put back in the packaging.

You guys crack me up.

rjones28 08-23-21 06:27 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22196894)
So, Pops is in the hospital again. A while back he found out that he has a couple of vertebra in his lower back that have decintegrated. To the point that he is in constant pain from nerves being pinched. His legs feel like they are on fire. They had scheduled surgery to fuse and clamp the concerned pieces of spine, and found problems with his blood. Which delayed the surgery. So a week ago he was filling the Squirrel feeder and lost his balance crashed into the privacy fence, slid along it until he crashed into the railing for the deck. Where he went the rest of the way to the ground. When my mom got to him he had that look in his eyes like he didn't recognize her and couldn't really speak. She thought he'd had another stroke and called an ambulance. And he's been in the Hospital since. They had to give him a blood transfusion 2 days ago. Today Mom called and said they are doing the surgery within the next 2 days. As V.V. says,.....wut..... seams like a reversal to me. I'm glad they're helping him but that was kind of sudden.

Oh man. Hope Pops gets some relief.

LesterOfPuppets 08-23-21 06:34 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22196894)
So, Pops is in the hospital again. A while back he found out that he has a couple of vertebra in his lower back that have decintegrated. To the point that he is in constant pain from nerves being pinched. His legs feel like they are on fire. They had scheduled surgery to fuse and clamp the concerned pieces of spine, and found problems with his blood. Which delayed the surgery. So a week ago he was filling the Squirrel feeder and lost his balance crashed into the privacy fence, slid along it until he crashed into the railing for the deck. Where he went the rest of the way to the ground. When my mom got to him he had that look in his eyes like he didn't recognize her and couldn't really speak. She thought he'd had another stroke and called an ambulance. And he's been in the Hospital since. They had to give him a blood transfusion 2 days ago. Today Mom called and said they are doing the surgery within the next 2 days. As V.V. says,.....wut..... seams like a reversal to me. I'm glad they're helping him but that was kind of sudden.

Best wishes to Pops.

rjones28 08-23-21 06:38 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22197548)
I didn’t check but my wife said HTFU and quit whining. I seem to hear that a lot from her. :foo:

Sound advice.

seedsbelize 08-23-21 06:41 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22197464)
Got the Campagnolo Record chain from PBK but I don't have a Campy chain tool. The last one I put on with the regular tool came apart and I don't like using a quick-link. I used to borrow the tool from my LBS but he retired. I plan to call the guy who bought him out and ask if he'll put the chain on for me.

Then, if it skips I won't be able to ride it until I find a cassette.

A Park tool won't work?

seedsbelize 08-23-21 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22197467)
Me too. From where he is in the picture, it's a 300' drop.

I must say, I laid awake much of the night before worrying about them doing it.

Today was another day spent walking uphill.

They were clipped on surely.

BillyD 08-23-21 06:51 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22197571)
oh man. Hope pops gets some relief.


Originally Posted by lesterofpuppets (Post 22197584)
best wishes to pops.

+1

2manybikes 08-23-21 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22197244)

Will you come visit me in the mental hospital? i watched it.

BillyD 08-23-21 06:54 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22197598)
They were clipped on surely.

Yes, you can see the line in the photos. It's for semi-daredevils. If I were younger I would consider it.

2manybikes 08-23-21 07:03 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22197610)
Yes, you can see the line in the photos. It's for semi-daredevils. If I were younger I would consider it.

You would do that with no safety line?

WhyFi 08-23-21 07:17 PM


Originally Posted by 2manybikes (Post 22197625)
You would do that with no safety line?


Velo Vol 08-23-21 07:29 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22197518)

There's no one to convince that you live in the boondocks--we already know.

MoAlpha 08-23-21 07:37 PM

https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/...294284289?s=20

bampilot06 08-23-21 07:44 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22197501)
XL? :innocent:


you noticed that too aye? quads for days over here.

Velo Vol 08-23-21 07:48 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22197639)

If you were making a full-fledged doc like this and the climber fell off the cliff, what would you do?

Discuss.

big john 08-23-21 08:20 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 22197597)
A Park tool won't work?

I think they must make one but I don't have one of those, either.

Velo Vol 08-23-21 08:29 PM

Slow night. The olds must have taken their drugs and called it a day.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.