View Single Post
Old 11-25-09, 12:25 PM
Thigh Master
No Pain, No Pizza

Bikes: 2015 Tarmac Pro Disc, '99 Burley Duet, '10 Velo Vie Vitesse 300R, '94 Trek 2120, '90 Cannondale SR 600, '79 Ross Super Gran Tour, '76 Raleigh Record

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 24 Posts
Commute Addiction

"Hi, my name is Thigh, and I'm an addict." I've recently been appreciating having a neighbor who also commutes - about once a week we bump into one another and share our latest commute story, equipment issue, average speed, mishaps, etc. I also love it when one of us is already home watching the other one pull in from work on the bike. What is it about commuting on a bike on a regular basis that is such a special joy to share???

We all have our stories - I have been addicted to commuting since high school (I think I was a bit infatuated with the character in "Breaking Away"). I had saved up $200 and my Dad thought I would buy my first car - instead I bought a black, steel, Ross Super Grand Tour. My commute from Zionsville to Witham Hospital was 18 miles one-way and I loved the hot summer ride through the corn fields. Later, I went to Purdue and often rode home 55 miles on the weekend. I also commuted in Boulder, Colorado for many years, and now, almost 30 years since my first, official commute (and two bikes later) I am lucky enough to have the perfect 30-minute ride to work on a safe, smooth piece of pavement called Foothill Expressway. Apologies for babbling on...
Likes For Thigh Master: