Old 11-30-09, 09:18 PM
mickey85
perpetually frazzled

Bikes: 1977 Bridgestone Kabuki Super Speed; 1979 Raleigh Professional; 1983 Raleigh Rapide mixte; 1974 Peugeot UO-8; 1993 Univega Activa Trail; 1972 Raleigh Sports; 1967 Phillips; 1981 Schwinn World Tourist; 1976 Schwinn LeTour mixte; 1964 Western Flyer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Primitive Don
Hey Matt/mickey 85, why I was just sifting though the same pile of bikes on Friday! Definitely noticed the same Raleigh mixte. I had just returned from scoring a Raleigh Technium Tri Lite Prestige full of Suntour Cyclone 7000 parts in cherry condition from a nearby LBS, so I was reluctant to try to pile more into my tiny Honda. But I wanted to!

AFAIK that should have regular British threading, at least based on my experience with Taiwanese Schwinns, Treks, Fujis, etc. Should be able to swap parts freely from other Japanese or Taiwanese bikes. That thing will be a bad motor scooter when you get it built up!
Freaky!

I'm in the middle of throwing cables on it. Put aluminum rims and a six speed freewheel on it - kept stem shifters and went with a North Roads bar and some crappy brake levers I had sitting around. It looks good built up like this. With some black SKS fenders, it'll look like the Darth Vader edition of the Raleigh Sprite. I'm having some trouble though (and I'm going to make a post in the C&V forum about it) that the chain rubs the frame in sixth gear...