Old 06-20-10, 11:33 AM
Captain Jake
Devil's Advocate

Bikes: Sterling Road bike, Chromolly Specialized Allez, Bianchi was given to me don't know model

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knobster
Oh you live in the PNW also huh?

OP, what about finding you an older late 80's model mountain bike for this? I built up an '87 Bianchi Grizzly for taking down town and locking up outside while I go into places. Built it up with inexpensive parts because I didn't want to be out too much if it got nicked. That's the route I'd go for a "pub crawl" type of bike. Leave it ugly also.
Not really what I was hoping to do, I would really like a very nice looking very versatile bike, my immediate plans are to go on long casual rides with it and some commuting. A lot of the reason I'm getting rid of the Tri-Cross is because it has more of a race bike look and the aluminum frame, neither are bad things, but not what I want from my Sunday bike. I am more than anything else a bike lover, I'm not looking to find myself a beater bike, but looking for a real nice bike to spend my Sundays on doing casual group rides in the city.

Like I said the Devil and the Cross Check fit the bill of what I'm looking for pretty well, but I always like knowing what else is out there, always possible something fits my needs better, the XO-1 is really ideal but damn near impossible to find at a reasonable price, maybe the Polyvalent fills similar needs.