Roger M 
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,445 Times in 646 Posts
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bik/1921233861.html

Lug Frame Classic Touring Bike - Trek 720 – New Old Stock

Trek built its reputation on the beautiful lugged frame bicycles built in Waterloo Wisconsin during the 1980’s. These superior bikes are works of art and among the most sought after touring bikes. They were designed with a long wheelbase for stability when fully loaded and provide foot clearance for large panniers. The saddle is a leather Brooks unit with the four copper rivets.

The components are all top of the line and combine to produce a near perfect touring machine. The racks are custom Blackurn’s and three water bottle bosses are provided. If you want a classic touring bicycle, built of Reynolds 531CS Double Butted steel tubing and investment cast lugs, this is the one.

The wheels are Matrix American made hard anodized aluminum with Kevlar radial tires and are stopped by Shimano XT-MC70 cantilever brakes. The gearing is a Barcon non-indexed triple chain ring “half step” combination. This system provides a near perfect gear ratio for maintaining cadence while hill climbing and cruising into the wind.

This bike is considered by Trek to be a 24” frame. The seat tube is 59.9 centimeters and the “stand over” height is 34”. You will find all of the frame dimensions in the photo provided. I purchased this bike new in 1985 for my wife and other than a test ride, it is unused. I have the original manual and the serial number is 1404XX.

This classic bicycle is offered in time for a fall tour at $1950.00, cash only please.

If you are interested, please send me an e-mail and we can make arrangements for you to see the bike.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests