spathfinder3408
spathfinder34089

Bikes: fuji s12s, Schwiin Le Tour, Puegot mtn. bike, Hiawatha crusier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
A bent axle cannot cause a freewheel or wheel to wobble. The axle is stationary and parts rotate around it whatever it's condition. Freewheels wobble because they're mounted on a spinning hub, and the axis of the mounting threads isn't perfectly concentric with the axis of the wheel.

This isn't a comment on whether freewheels are bettor worse, or that broken axles aren't a problem, just to correct the mistaken impression that freewheel wobble indicates a broken axle, or is a problem in itself (it isn't).
whatever you want to call it. A freewheel does not rotate in a straight rotation after the axel is bent. If you don't want to call it a wobble fine, but the bend in the axel causeing the freewheel to not rotate straight. I will repeat the truth again 99% of free wheels tend to have bent axels due to the axel being extended to far out and putting to much tension on axel. Just making a statement of fact. Freewheels work fine just can have limitations due to design. I am into older bikes so I see a lot of them and keep them on the bikes I work on. They work fine and probably will last a long time. If you need to replace hub,it is getting harder to find parts