Old 01-28-11, 07:44 PM
Rob P.
Fred at large

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
You type as if you think I don't actually repair low quality crap like that and handbuild open pros on shimano hubs all day for a living. For $100 more you get a 6700 hub with open pros. I mean really. Low quality is low quality whichever way you brand it.

That generic wheelset is a throwaway the second you wear out the rim. The hubs are worth zero dollars and good luck finding replacement freehubs and/or small parts for those.
You seem to get the wind up your skirt anytime anyone even thinks about not agreeing with you. I wish I knew why.

As for the wheels, you may spend all day repairing stuff that's broken but you don't say anything about how it got into that condition. You make the assumption that it was the product which caused it but I believe that even the best product on Earth will fail without proper care. Thus, by your experience there is NOTHING which is not "crap" since everything will fail.

As for me, I have 3000 odd miles on these wheels. I am not a lightweight nor do I ride only on glass smooth level pavement. These wheels have withstood my 240 lbs mashing on the pedals up some decently steep grades consisting of patchy asphalt on a regular basis without any complaints, flat spots, broken spoke, or going out of true. ONCE a freehub bearing failed but that can happen with anything mechanical so I don't hold that as being indicative of the rest of the product.

In my defense, I wash my bike regularly, oil and lube it correctly BEFORE it squeeks or won't shift correctly, and don't throw it around or store it carelessly. Not everyone can say that.