Old 08-31-11, 03:10 PM
cycleobsidian
cycleobsidian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why do you read and/or post on LCF?

For myself, I'm not a fan of cars. For too long, I lived in a rural area and had to drive myself, my kids, and my aging parents everywhere. I think I got sick of it.

I also loved the bicycle and ran errands on it whenever I could, despite the distance.

Fast forward to 4 years ago when my husband and I moved to a small city. We live near all the amenities we need. I can bike to the store, to medical services, to work, the park, etc. I'm even close to the Farmer's Market where I do my weekly shopping with a wheeled cart. In the winter I can take the less enjoyable, but always available, public transit system. I am so happy that I rarely need to drive anywhere.

I don't know too many people like myself who are thrilled about not having to drive. (I have to be the only one I know who willingly takes public transit.) In fact, I suspect my friends think I'm a bit odd. This forum reminds me that there are people out there like me who enjoy not relying in a car, and who find creative ways to move around without one.

How about you? Why do you read and/or post on LCF?