Old 09-22-11, 12:50 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheHen
She's eighteen years old, therefore she got her license less than three years ago. I would be rather shocked if knowing what to do when you are involved in a wreck isn't on every written test for a driver's license. Anyone who either doesn't know what to do when he/she runs someone over or can't/won't figure it out is either too stupid to drive or too self-absorbed to be allowed to drive. When all is said and done here, her driving privilege should be permanently revoked.
Even if it isn't in the drivers ed handbook, it should be common sense that if you hit someone/thing that you should stop and see what or who you hit. And if you hit someone call 911 and do what you can to keep other cars from hitting them.

Also as others have said drivers ed needs to be more in depth then it currently is. So that when a person finally gets their license and hits the road they're fully trained and know what to do.

And as has been said before I don't think that it's asking too much that as with getting a CCW that a person should have to show a valid reason for needing to get a drivers license. And it had better be something more substantial than "so I can go to work or school."

Particularly considering that there is much more at risk when driving a car. I mean with a car one can kill and/or maime several people at once. With a gun unless it is fully automatic or you get real lucky (or unlucky depending on where one is standing) you only kill or injure one person at a time.

The standard should be higher then what it currently is to get a drivers license. And I agree this young gal should have her's revoked for the rest of her life.

I know that there are those out there who'll say that "she's young, she made a mistake." True, but the "mistake" that she made is/was a dozy.
Likes For Digital_Cowboy: