Old 12-06-11, 03:22 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by twobadfish
I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, but trying to get around on a bike with an infant is not only dangerous, but pretty much impractical - especially in the winter. It's also pretty tough to raise a family without a car - between getting your kids gear to soccer practice (and the kid), or taking your kids to the doctor, getting dressed up for a formal dinner... I live in a fairly rural area where public transportation sucks.

That doesn't even cover urban sprawl, which in overpopulated cities is unavoidable.

I can personally have my cake and eat it too. I commute to work and exercise on my bike and spend time with my family on bikes, but when I need to take my son to the doctor or take a weekend trip upstate or just go skiing for a day, I'll take my evil car.
There are nearly 10 million households in the US alone with no car--many with young children. Somehow they get by. In fact, saying cars are safer for children is ridiculous when you stop to think that car accidents are the leading cause of death for children.

"Think Outside the Cage"