Old 03-08-12, 05:08 PM
Inertianinja

Bikes: Felt AR1, Cervelo S2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I didn't know you were injured. I'm sorry to hear it. And I hope you get a quick and complete recovery.

You're not the first person to say this, and it always confuses me. I mean, you can have the cyclocomputer and not stress about the metrics. The info is there to serve you, not the other way around.
thanks!

the injury was from overuse. i was trying to hit 5000 miles in a year, and so i never took rest days or recovery rides. too much, too often, no rest, ended up with tendonitis and IT band syndrome in both legs. kept me off the bike for about 6 months and i lost my fitness, gained some weight, and i'm way behind now.

and yes, i know. i own the tech, not vice versa. easier said than done. it's hard to not get a little obsessive, especially when i'm going for the "high score" all the time. then something like Strava comes out and i can compete with people i don't know and will never even meet. i have enough room in my storage bottle to stuff the garmin in there. i might just keep it in there and leave my stems clean.

current plan is to sell my almost brand-new power meter and put the money towards a nice handmade steel frame, and put on some happy miles.
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ions-(big-pics)