Old 04-03-12, 06:55 AM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
We got back to Atl on Sunday afternoon. I'm missing the bike trail already.
No riding yet. I crashed near the end of the Clean Air Ride on Saturday. It started sprinkling and somehow my right cleat became disengaged and my foot slipped off the pedal while I was sprinting. Lost control of the bike as it skidded into the leaves along the side of the trail. I went down on my left side. OUCH!! After a moment I managed to get up but limped home in the sprinkles that changed to rain when I was about 3 miles from the apartment.
My bike is ok but I still have to check it over before I ride it again. I think I'm ok but my left side still hurts like the dickins.
Here's what my handlebar looked like when I finally picked myself and the bike up off the ground. A quick 5mm allen adjustment fixed it.

I was hoping I'd be able to ride ~1500 miles while in FL. I got "swamp fever" the second week of March and was off the bike for about 5 days. My mileage for the FL vacation ended up being just a little over 1100 miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN0574.jpg (94.3 KB, 10 views)

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.

Last edited by RonH; 04-03-12 at 07:01 AM.