View Single Post
Old 05-30-12, 08:20 PM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Master_Beta
Traditionalist get ready to gasp, don't worry I can take the criticism. Some say the wheels make it an abomination others love it. A mix of old and new. , velo orange rando bars, 197? Shimano 600 Arabesque groupset (love this group so ornate), 8 speed cassette (am really tempted to make it ten speed) on Shimano R550 wheels. I believe it is a 1971 Super Course, I cold set it to 130 soaked it oxalic acid on my patio for 48 hours to get rid of all the rust rubbed it down with baking soda to neutralize the acid and then put it together. The truly great find was when my local mom and pop bike store gave me the saddle which was originally on the owners own 1971 Raleigh Super Course. I felt like it tied everything together nicely. I still want to put on a rear rack with panniers but otherwise am very satisfied. Some of the old heads I run into hate it but I absolutely love it.
I dig it, welcome into the club.