View Single Post
Old 08-15-12, 07:48 PM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
We have about 6K on this belt and have had one experience with it getting noisy during Cycle Oregon last year. We had some wet roads then some dusty conditions in the same day and it got noisy. I squirted it with a water bottle and no problems since. We are on our second belt only because we replaced one sprocket that had been damaged in the case from packing (it still worked but I did not like the bent lip) and I replaced the belt at the same time. I have used all the tensioning methods and now just use the it feels right method without any incidents. We travel with our bike about 5-6 times a year so it is on and off each time and I do not worry about which way it goes on. I also am not particularly careful with it on packing and just twist it to coil it. I like the belt for the ease of maintenance and have no desire to go back to a chain. I would even consider going to one on our mountain tandems if the spacing was right.