10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked 1,251 Times in 627 Posts
Originally Posted by fatguy_ona_bike
I wouldn't automatically conclude the LBS deviously sold the OP a wrong size. When I started riding again last year, my measurements indicated a 59 size bike (6' 3", 33.5" inseam) would be best. I checked the standover height on a 58 and 60 and 60 felt way too big. I was touching the top tube on the 60, so I rode the 58 and felt pretty comfortable.

Fast forward to this year, I'm now riding a 61, as the 58 proved to be too scrunched (great way to put it) everywhere else. It had been so long since I was on a bike (of proper size even), that I didn't really know by feel what size I was. My salesman sold me a bike that was ultimately too small based on my feedback. I can't fault him. In fact, they worked with me when getting the 61 and the 58 I traded in to them for a great price.

And with the 61, certain parts of me are touching the top tube as well. As others have said, give it a good solid ride and see how you feel. If you still feel stretched, go back and talk to them. If they're a good shop, they'll work with you.
Guessing your Real inseam is 32".

Try this:

http://veloweb.ca/bike-fit/