View Single Post
Old 08-03-13, 08:44 PM
Jack FFR1846

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

I talked about mine a couple years ago. Well, bought my son a road bike and have started riding with him a bit. I'll likely sell off the Laing and buy something modern. I built this in 1974 when working at a bike shop. The frame is a 22" and is built like a crit bike but with a bit more fork rake. Perfect for me a the time as I did almost nothing but criteriums but also rode to work and school and trained on the bike. I bought the frame....a late UK build that the shop blind bought and it happened to fit me. I transferred all the campy record stuff from my raleigh international and sold the leftovers. Upgraded the brakes to campy and the pedals to super record. The BB axle is one of the first TTT titaniums in existance. Being the drilled water bottle age, my bottle cage and cables were all held with zip ties. I even gave away the crank caps because....well....extra weight. I sold off the campy hubbed wheels at some point and it now has a set of my remaining traing wheels. Normandy rear and Shimano front. I'll put up a few pictures. Feel free to look in my photobucket. The lugs were originally striped in blue. I redid that all at some point in yellow. I raced from intermediate to junior in ABLA and even did one Mass state track championship with this bike on a Saturday, converted back to the 10 speed and rode the junior road championships in Harvard, MA on Sunday. I later used the bike in club racing while at Worcester Polytech and a bit of training races in eastern Mass after that. It's pretty much sat in the basement for the last 20 years.

http://s143.photobucket.com/upload?l...=Colin%20Laing

campy dropouts

heart fork top cutouts