Old 08-19-13, 04:24 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I didn't review your older clips but you look pretty good here. The only thing is that in the last bit of the race you need to give yourself an out, a way to get around people. You're well protected sitting in the middle but you can't move up because there are riders to both sides of you.

You have the speed to move up, you seem to be following the flow of the race pretty well, so the next step is to give yourself some room to maneuver. This usually means sitting to one side or another, or ideally sitting just inside of one side or another. If you know the wind will hit you after such-and-such corner then you can set up so you're sheltered as you exit the turn and you can aggressively move up. With such a twisting course you need to choose a side and sacrifice a bit in order to have "your" side available when you want it. More advanced riders will get the good side on almost every straight, even if a straight is only 50 meters long.

To me it seems that if you have some clear pavement ahead of you going into the sprint that you'll be able to do well.

I hope this helps and good luck in your next bunch of races.
cdr
Thank you for feedback. I'll try to incorporate it in.