View Single Post
Old 01-02-14, 12:04 AM
kylarr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
Interesting how beliefs change. Internal cable routing was used in the 30s, 40s and 50s, possibly into the 20s. Decades of use and all of a sudden they are "bad".
Yeah, I also like ideas keep getting recycled as new. I remember when I was still big into mountain biking five or six years ago and thinking that the Hammerschmidt two speed crank was on the cutting edge only to recently realize while reading that Dancing Chain that it had been done at least once many decades ago.

Originally Posted by martl
This Automoto is from the 1930ies - lugless, internal routing, the works.

That is a great bike. I am glad I haven't gotten into the old french stuff. That is a rabbit hole that I might not be able to get back out of.

Originally Posted by repechage
I am going to have to double check the dropouts on my 50's bike. I don't remember the pivot stop being at "4 o'clock"... I have to double check the text too, I remember BrevO but the CAMPAGNOLO text may be different. That frame has the 4mm screws.
I would like to see pictures. I am still a bit hazy on the early dropout development. I wish that the lettering on my dropouts were clearer, I would like to compare it to other dropouts.