View Single Post
Old 01-09-14, 01:44 AM
ro-monster

Bikes: Pacific Reach, Strida

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I seem to have been cursed with the metabolism of a hummingbird. My lunches are twice the size of the ones my co-workers eat. To be fair, my food is probably less calorie-dense than theirs, since I make almost all of it from scratch -- I have to, as I've also been cursed with allergies to nearly everything normal people eat -- milk, wheat, corn, most other grains, yeast, nuts, legumes, soy, tomato, sesame (and most other seeds), and apples.

While I would love to eat vegetarian food, for environmental and ethical reasons, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to obtain adequate protein from it, given that eggs are the only non-meat protein available to me.

But if you ever want a recipe for pizza made without wheat, milk, yeast, or tomato, I can give you one! It's even delicious. Recently I learned how to make pho, too. I could happily eat that every day.

Many of the recipes I like are Middle Eastern or Indian; there are lots of dishes in those cuisines that are easily adapted for my diet and the flavors are lovely. Lately I have been making spicy Indian cabbage with fennel seeds and cauliflower with ginger and green chilies frequently.

Last edited by ro-monster; 01-09-14 at 01:59 AM.