Old 06-02-14, 06:04 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tonnu
argh you lost me at the "NDS adjustment ring spacers washers etc."! so i assume this is a very basic thing that any LBS should be able to do?

yeah i actually bought the GXP BB but there's just no GXP Force cranks in stock anywhere

so i guess i'll go ahead with the rotor 4130 + force 22 bb30 crank combo

this is fool proof and should have no compatibility issues (squeeking etc.) right?

thanks guys!
NDS stands for non drive side. Adjustment ring simply takes up lateral play and dials in a hint of lateral pre load. You can remove the NDS adjustable spacer and introduce another spacer(s) + wave washer. Can do it either way as Primo has shown us with his Campy OT set up. Primo knows his stuff.

As to the no squeaks thing. No squeaks whenever press fit BB's are involved is all about the knowledge and attention to detail of the installer. Tech manuals for mating parts should all be read to understand press level, tolerances and adhesives involved. Unfortunately, many that do typical integrated BB installs...many far from typical with the plethora of different BB's out there...don't do adhere to this standard.

Last edited by Campag4life; 06-02-14 at 06:09 AM.