Old 08-19-14, 09:53 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 103 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
nice--you included the spindle. not saying you're saying it, but people bring up hollowgram weights all the time and there's much press saying that it is the lightest crankset. they (not you) often do not make apples-to-apples comparisons, e.g., comparing hollowgram arms to specialized arms--forgetting that the SPZ arms include the spindle.

i leave rings out of comparisons as they are easy to swap.

2 specialized arms @ 172.5 incl spindle + washers/lockring = 324g.
2 hollowgram arms @ 172.5 + spindle + crank bolt/spacer/washers = 365g.

splitting hairs, but the whole hollowgram-is-the-lightest isn't accurate.

hollowgram cranks are pretty awesome, though. love them for MTB.

i don't have an SRM road spider for cannondale handy to weigh but a MTB spider is 140g; specialized road SRMs are 118 (compact) to 169g (standard).
I posted it as a reference, it's surprisingly light. When I weighed it I tried to include everything I'd need to use it. The rings are a bit light, I think, and the aluminum bolts screwing into the small ring is nice. I'm using a Praxis outer with the stock inner right now (finally got rid of the 44T inner so it no longer rubs the chainstay).

I think my Campy Record aluminum crank + BB was in the 900g range. I think I took pictures of it on the scale as well but I don't know where those are.

Mother in law had computer back up questions etc and I did a quick "info" on the folder for pictures on this mac - 300+ GB, mainly of Junior (pics and videos). On a 500GB drive that's a lot. I forgot some of the folders I had, from previous phones and such. In another folder I have some dash cam clips. All the unedited ride clips reside on external drives.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson