Old 09-17-14, 01:31 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by floridamtb
hard to do for me living in south Florida. All of the roads are busy so you have really have to get comfortable with riding with traffic and be very aware. Back in June I took my bike to Virginia to ride actual mountains again. It was nice riding on some mountain roads where you were lucky if you saw one car every 30 - 40 minutes. All I heard was the wind blowing through the trees and the occasional deer running through the leaves.

I hear you. Not long ago, I visited family in another city and was pretty amazed at the lack of cyclist friendly roads there. Where I live (Minnesota), we tend to have roads that are pretty friendly to cyclists in comparison to other places. I'd like to say that that was intentional but it wasn't until recently. It was more a function of being able to keep cars on the road and having a place to plow the snow to until a while ago where it became the default way to build a road.

I don't know what I'd do if I had to live in other areas that are not cyclist friendly. I'd probably move - but that's just me.

J.