Old 10-17-14, 07:16 PM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
I sold a white and purple A2Z a few years back. If it had fit me it would be wearing XT and some nice skinwall Tiogas. Alas, the company is known for making bikes for people less than 6 foot. Please take some closer pics of the teardrop shaped tubes if you get a chance. I'd love to own one, but at 6'1" I will probably never find one that fits me.

Well here it is, love it or hate it. A $200 pawn shop find. I did the usual total redo. It's comparable to the Tesch S-22 I used to own. I know that might be blasphemy, but it is a very nice steel bike in my humble opinion. It was 23 pounds and change with Tiagra and a triple. I can't wait to weigh it tomorrow or Sunday, and see where it ended up. It's an 01-03ish Lemond Tourmalet. Sorry if it isn't vintage enough, but the spirit is there.,,,,BD

UPDATE: Unfortunately it only lost a few ounces. I imagine part of that was going from plastic Tiagra shifter bases, to real metal heavy ones with chrome on them. Riding it was nearly sublime though. I've not ridden many stiff bikes with such a soft ride, ESPECIALLY with heavy thick Armadillo tires. Those usually have a hard dead ride to them IMHO.

Last edited by Bikedued; 10-19-14 at 01:49 PM.