View Single Post
Old 11-08-14, 10:53 PM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by benetga
I've been thinking about what to do if I got a flat. The weather getting colder and my ride in has increased now to 5mi. I really enjoy it but it would suck if I did get a flat. I'm running gatorskins now but part of my route is on a shoulder of a busy highway,lots of debris. My ride is always in the dark this time of the year. My old commute was only 2mi with good roads and only got a flat once and that being 2 blocks from home. How do you guys handle it? Call for a ride or fix it? Fixing a flat would be major pain being cold and dark let alone trying to remove a gatorskin tire,not easy to install. Are gatorskins that good that I shouldn't be concerned (knock on wood)
Fix it,

Anyone using a bicycle to commute should carry whats necessary to, and be proficient in fixing a flat.
One possible shortcut is to carry a spare easy to mount folding tire, and spare tube to throw on quickly to complete your commute.