View Single Post
Old 02-02-15, 12:00 PM
LazyLegs

Bikes: 1989 Moser Leader Pro, 1978? Flandria, Batavus Professional AMEV, Gios Compact Pro, 1968? Frejus Tour de France, 1972 Peugeot Touring?, 1976 Flandria Tour?, 2013 Kuota Kharma, 2010 BeOne Raw, 2013 Kenesis Pro6, 2009 GT Aggressor, 2011 Trek Fuel Ex8.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wilfred Laurier
IME, beater usually means a vehicle (generally referring to cars, but can be used to describe bikes) where abusive or damaging or neglectful behavior is not a problem because it is 'fully depreciated'. For cars this might mean 500000 km or rust perforating the body, or it could mean it is the last remaining 1996 Dodge Neon on North American roads. Same applies to bikes - a 'beater' is either a bike so completely worn out that no amount of abuse or neglect can make it worse, or a BSO or other crappy bike that wasn't worth anything to begin with.

Beater ....' a machine for beating half-stuff to pulp by separating and shortening the fibers to produce a gelatinous mass. - Thats how my legs feel after riding it for 100miles, in freezing cold conditions (Factious of course)

Anyway, thanks for chatting - I have to sign off this post (as I'm unintentionally dragging it off topic), so the good people of Frictionville can get their club started, might come back when I have a little more experience with DT shifters and have gotten fed up with threading cables under bar tape.