Old 06-12-15, 02:15 PM
ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Null66
As a gym rat (sadly reformed), when they look at you they're thinking something along the lines of being glad your there... Wondering if they could/should save you from the trainers who seem to think that the more they push you the more you've gotten your moneys worth... Neglecting the fact that the intensity will likely injure you such that you won't/can't be back... Puzzled why new people seem to think it has to be a gymnastic achievement to be effective when the big six will do wonders for anybody for the first few years...

I don't think you've reformed. We've seen your ride log which has more weight entries than ride entries.

To the OP, the bike that mentions a 550# limit will probably work for you.

I can imagine with your weight that walking can be painful for your knees and ankles, and that jogging is right out of the question. I know that jogging/running is painful on my knees and ankles at 250#. That's one of the reasons why I bought a bike. It's a lot easier on my knees than running/jogging, and it takes a lot of walking to get a good workout.

Just start riding, my first few rides were only 1.2 mi. That was in April. Now I'll do a spirited (for me) 11 mi ride in the morning, and then do a 5.5 mi leisurely ride with my wife in the evening. And I'm tying to add more hills. I hate them, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (or is it weirder?). And the hills that I was already doing, I try to do a little faster.

GH

Last edited by ColaJacket; 06-12-15 at 02:20 PM.