View Single Post
Old 11-09-05, 04:58 PM
GreyGoat

Bikes: 85 Ross Mt Rainier(for winter road use), 86 Centurion Ironman Master, 92 trek 2300,2005 Iron Horse HollowPoint Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good luck with the recovery.. I'm right there with ya.. fractured fibula at the ankle friday.. not at bad as the tibia.. but i'm still in a cast for at least 4 weeks.. doc also gave me a special shower bag that goes over the cast and tries to seal at the top to keep it all dry(you can pick one up at drug store).. tho im nowhere ready to try that yet and I will need to put down a rubber mat in tub first anyway.. I just kneel by tub and wash hair... sit on toilet and wash with wash cloth with soapy water from sink... this is no fun.. be ready for some aches and pains from the rest of the body from walking on crutches and keeping the bad leg unweighted.. today is my 5th day and I'm acually feeling a little better... yesterday, I got into the gym(yeah hobblin around on crutches) and did some light upper body work (free weights and machines, but never putting weight or strain on the leg).. that felt great.. I was so sore from the crutches... today I got in to see my favorite masseusse... he is a miracle worker.. I am seeing him again tomorrow becaue he will be out next week.. something to consider, once you get all achey from walking on crutches, keeping weight off bad leg, and laying around so much it hurts.. you will be looking for releif... I only took vicodin twice, the first 12 hours... then its been 1000mg of tylenol 3 times a day(roughly 7am, 1pm, and 8pm).. hang in there and try to stay positive.. the first 3 days are rough.. but it should smoothe out soon.. the hardest part is making it to the bathroom on short notice... I have been drinking a lot of water...
Oh and ask your doc to fill our a temp handicap parking permit if he didn't already.. you can take that to your local townhall for the pass.. I finally got that done today.. when you are on crutches, every foot counts(no pun intended)..

Last edited by GreyGoat; 11-09-05 at 05:15 PM.