View Single Post
Old 11-17-05, 11:20 AM
BruceMetras

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cam-man
Peter Reich offered to build the bike up as a single speed for the same price. I asked him what he thought, and he encouraged me to keep the Nexus. Am I glad I decided to leave it! I love the way that hub works! It's got a speed trigger, and it is so easy to use the gears. They are nicely spaced. I know it adds a couple of pounds, and I still plan on getting a one speed or fixed gear wheel set up, but for most uses I think the hub is the way to go. I'm extremely impressed with the bike. Stiff, responsive. It has Primo comet tires and an upgraded shimano headset and deore brakes. I have to be careful stopping. It wants to stop before I do. I'm 6'2" and the front stem is to short, so I have a longer one coming. With that and some bar ends I think it will be dialed in quite nicely. Thanks for all the good information. I love my new bike
cam-man!!....nice!!.. great choice of bikes!!... I love mine!...Great going with the Nexus hub too... Seems hub gears don't get enough credit.... just did a Nexus 8spd hub for a Downtube FS and really like the way it works....may even build up another hub gear wheel for something else, but with less gears...maybe a 5spd..
Bruce