Old 09-27-15, 03:14 PM
FrozenK

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
When you call people "ignorant" and irrational (and claiming my arguments are emotion based is claiming I'm irrational) you are being insulting. It doesn't help your argument. You are flinging ad hominem attacks rather than counter arguments.

Yes, the average ebike rider will be either out of shape or inexperienced, most likely both. Why? Because that is the demographic to which they appeal the most. And yes, inexperienced and out of shape people will not know trail etiquette, which will increase user conflicts.

I do believe there are trails that should not see increased traffic. Why is that so hard to understand? Overuse is the main reason trails get eroded and dumbed down. It isn't an easy problem to fix, but adding electric mopeds into the mix will make it worse. And, again, telling me to join the Sierra Club and sell my bikes is an ad hominem attack not an argument.

The industry coined the term "ebike" because electric moped will not sell. I think they are a great transportation tool, and there are trail systems where they may be incorporated without issue. But, on many if not most trail systems they will lead to increased user conflict and very likely increased trail damage. Feel free to write another multi-quote post, but don't expect me to respond until you start presenting arguments.