Old 10-19-15, 12:20 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WonderMonkey
It never occurred to me that I would have to signal for someone to stop at a stop sign.
In my experience, I find people in a group often forget to look up the road to see what is coming...the less experience a rider is in a group, the more they tend to forget and the more they become fixated on the rider's wheel in front of them and have no idea that they need to be slowing down.

In this situation, it sounds like the guy knew that the stop sign was coming and was just expecting you to go through it. Hard to say. Every group I've ever ridden with usually slows for stop signs and red lights, always prepared to stop. The leaders usually then yell "clear" if there is no traffic, as the group goes through, they continue to yell "clear" down the line so everyone knows they can get through safely. A lot of this depends on group size. It's much easier to do when the group is smaller, but when you have a group of 20-30 people, it's hard to expect everyone to come to a complete stop at every stop sign as the group would break up over time, or would have to go drastically slow to keep everyone together.,