View Single Post
Old 11-19-15, 07:57 PM
FlashBazbo
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts
Update: Until now, I've communicated exclusively with my sales rep -- by email, IM or phone, depending on the situation. Today, rather than call my rep direct, I called the company's switchboard number. I was directed to a very nice lady who advised me that the frameset was completed 8 days ago. She said that my sales rep had been given a notification. (In those 8 days, I emailed / IM'd him 3 times and he promised to check on the bike's status 3 times, but he never got back to me.)

I drove down to Chattanooga today to pick up the frameset and components. The head of sales brought the bike out and helped me inventory the order and load it into my car. The frameset is beautiful. Amazing workmanship. The attention to detail is off the charts. Because I did something a little different with the chainstays (lots of tire clearance and a 1x drivetrain), internal routing for the Di2 wiring had to be creative. Their solution is a work of art in itself.

The frameset is custom with a geometry that isn't like anything Lynskey produces as a stock bike. I was promised a 5 week turnaround and they did it in 11 weeks. Given the level of customization, I can live with it. If only their communication were better!