Old 12-02-15, 09:18 AM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sol588
I have a 2015 Defy Advanced 2 which I like a lot. However, I experienced a clyde on a propel pass me one day early this bike season and I could not get over how he effortlessly left me in the dust. The seed was planted that day!
Everybody gets buyers fever at some point. You have a nice new bike now and that bike will not make you any faster or better. If you buy the bike, after a few weeks the fever will die down and you will be no different than you are now, except for the fact that you are lighter in the wallet. I would suggest that you save the money and wait a few years.
Prior to building my Colnago CLX out, I thought that I would never look at another road bike again. I loved the way that my bike looks. Funny thing happened....I noticed a DeRosa Idol and that got me wondering....
Thankfully, I did not wonder for long. My point is simple, there is always something else around the corner that convinces you that you need to buy it. Maximize your output, save the money and reward yourself with that new bike down the line.