View Single Post
Old 01-04-16, 08:02 AM
indyfabz

Liked 17,418 Times in 8,135 Posts
Originally Posted by FelixScout
Hello all.

My wife and I are recent transplants to Easton PA from Southern CA where it is mostly flat and very urban and now it's very hilly and somewhat urban. Just want to see what the local community is like and open to any advice and suggestions anyone can give.

Thank you.
I ride on the NJ side of the river a fair amount. Hunterdon and Warren Counties offer a lot of pretty, rural riding. Hunterdon County is also one of the wealthiest counties in the entire country as measured by median household income. (For the lest several years it has been ranked 4th.) If you stay along the river it's not that hilly. The 13 miles from Philipsburg up to Belvedere is a gem. I ride it a couple of times a year and see maybe 5 moving vehicles. 10 on a busy day. Heading south along the river to Milford is also nice once you get out of Philipsburg/Alpha. Central Bucks Bike Club offers group rides up in that general area. You also have the canal path.

We saw this little guy while riding on Woodglen Rd. in Hunterdon County back in June:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bear.jpg (68.7 KB, 295 views)