Old 03-25-16, 12:38 AM
pressed001
glorified 5954

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Pemetic2006
That looks like a nice ride. I've recently been doing a lot of Google "street viewing" of Switzerland and it looks fantastic. I hope my wife and I get to go there someday.
Oddly, Germany and Austria have no Google street view.
That's interesting. I tried street view for those 2 countries and it also doesn't work. Must have something to do with their laws.

I find that Germany is beautiful. North is more flat and south is more hilly. There are some cities that escaped the bombing runs of WWII which are just incredible to see. I can't say much for Austria except for Vienna which is just incredible.

If you're planning a chill, relaxed ride, I think Switzerland is amazing with all its old towns and buildings. Plus, it isn't as spread out as Germany so you can see more in one bang. With Germany, you've got to ride some pretty serious distances between towns/cities.

Did some pretty serious hiking when I first got here. I was amazed and culture shocked in a good way. After a while I guess you kinda get used to the way things are and don't notice them as much any more. However, the old buildings such as churches, farm houses, and castles which are reminders of the way things used to be before machines, are still beautiful.