Still learning

Bikes: Still a garage full

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by akcrazy27
Hello All!

I'm looking to start riding again. I loved bike riding when I was younger and would like to get back into it. I am 360 lbs and somewhere between 5'9 - 5'10. I'd like to ride to help me loose weight along with eating right and just getting my old self back again. I'm looking for a bike and am hoping to hear suggestions on what to look for. I live in a remote town in Alaska so I don't have access to a bike shop. I've been researching and am overwhelmed by all the specifics a heavy rider should look for from the frame to the tire spokes. I'm interested in the cruiser style bike but am open to other styles. There is a really great paved and hilly bike path to my work, but there is often dirt and lots of gravel on it. Also there will be parts where I have to go off road. I don't have a huge budget, but do realize it won't be cheap. Anyway any suggestion are welcome!
A cruiser will not get you up and down the hills. Buy the bike below and be set for life. A Trek 930 is bulletproof. This one is the right size and in vg condition.

Trek 930 | eBay