MacAttack

Bikes: Kona Dew Drop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiffrun
Some love those Cambrian things.

Others HATE them. Count me in that group.

A friend got a Cambrian, and after he concluded it was not for him, I gave it a try. I'll admit that I wasn't in cast-iron-butt shape when I gave it a try, but I found it was about as comfortable as I imagine using a granite saddle would be. Gave it back to my friend, and he sold it on the internet.

I have another rando friend that says his Cambrian feels as if he is sitting on a 2x4 if he rides it for more than about 17-miles. He has kept it, but uses it only for commuting the 12-or-so-miles to and from work.

All three of us are K-Hounds; the first friend mentioned and I are Mondial holdiers and the commuter user only needs 340-RUSA credit kms to Mondial. I mention this only to let you know that all three of us have ridden at least a little bit and perhaps our experiences have some validity.
Looking at the saddle logically I don't really see any reason it would be any worse than any other saddle. Seems like it should be more comfortable.

It's quite firm when you first sit on it just like hundreds of other saddles, but it has some give in it for extra comfort & the rubber soaks up some of the road buzz.

What do you think regarding it's design would cause people to dislike it?

(By the way I'm not saying it's awesome, just trying to figure out it's faults if any).