Old 08-12-16, 09:26 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
A proposed Fifty-Plus Annual Ride in Boston, Sept, 18, 2016 (don’t have to be 50+)

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Now that it is almost August, I should soon announce for one [Annual Fifty-Plus Ride, in Boston] on September 18, the Hub on Wheels, as in "Boston, the Hub of the Universe,", Hubway Bike Share System, etc...
I’ve been beating around the bush this summer, but now it’s time to propose.

As on previous Annual Fifty-Plus Rides, it’s a chance to meet and socialize with other subscribers in the context of an organized ride. This Hub on Wheels has been held for several years now, with mileages suitable for all riders, up to about 40 miles, and is an excellent tour of this beautiful and interesting city.

A suggested agenda is for participants to arrive as early as Friday, Sept 16 for a get together, and maybe an informal ride, same on Saturday, with Organized Ride on Sunday. On two previous Annual Rides, our subsidiary activities besides cycling were walking tours of Boston, and restaurant dinners, all by mutual agreement.

From previous Rides:

Originally Posted by miss kenton
... Our trip to Boston was more fun than I could have ever anticipated. I would highly recommend a visit to Boston to anyone. What a beautiful city--and if you are lucky enough to have someone as conscientious, thoughtful, and generous as Jim from Boston guiding you through that trip, you'll have it made!

We were able to see some really interesting things in Boston, and Boston has agreat deal to offer. We were only there for the weekend, but I wish we had hadmore time to see the city...
Originally Posted by TheMister
I want to thank Jim for a most enjoyable tour of Boston andvicinity! Miss Kenton and I had a blast!
Enjoy the pix!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...99027202391697
Originally Posted by irwin7638
…I loved Bahstahn a bunch, one cannot really call it a college town, it is the college town and consequently has become very bike friendly. I was reallyimpressed with the bike infrastructure developed in the town and the overall safety of the city…I found the place really affordable and easy to visit…

Originally Posted by rtool
Spent a great weekend with Jim (Jim from boston…Great ride with plenty to see…Excellent ride had a real great time.
Jim took me on walking tours of Boston each evening and it was great having someone telling me all about Boston.… Very knowledgeable about Boston and passed on lots of it’s history. We also ate extremely well. Everything from fresh fish to Italian…All-in-all it was a great weekend, missed not having other 50+rs there, maybe next time.
One other item, IMO to make this a worthwhile event, I’d like to have at least four other riders besides myself. I have taken that Friday off work already, and I’d like to get a fairly firm commitment from anyone interested by about Tuesday, Sept 14 of that week. Otherwise there is a professional conference here in Boston I would like to attend on Thursday through Saturday. I still would welcome other riders, but would have less time to spend with you.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 08-13-16 at 08:21 AM.